Author Topic: Alpha Code Release 2 Today  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
Re: Alpha Code Release 2 Today
« on: December 15, 2008, 11:45:52 AM »
The bug was only in RFM.  The game software doesn't tell us when it's in attract mode or playing a game.  Actually there is probably a place we could check if we knew where it was ;-)  (source code would be wonderful.)  So I had to code a few tricks to decide which mode the game was in.  I did this while we were troubleshooting episode one so I didn't do a lot of testing on RFM.  So there was one point in the game code (rfm) that would send signals to my code that made it think the game was over when it wasn't.  This would allow you to start the jukebox in the middle of a game.  Also if you start a game with the jukebox running it remembers it was on and starts up after a time delay at the end of game.  Or in the middle of the game if the code isn't exactly right =)  The fix was simple really.  It took me about 20 minutes to fix it and I think we're good now.  Bug fixes are *generally* pretty easy.  It's just finding the bugs that can be tricky.  Of course I say that when our last major bug took us 3 months to fix :p

The easter egg...

I havent decided (or even talked to Don about it yet) what exactly I should put in it.  I know one thing for sure  *)*.  I might also throw our credits in there if we don't put them in our config menu.  TBD
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:48:19 AM by Chuck »