Author Topic: Pinball Afternoon  (Read 771 times)

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
Pinball Afternoon
« on: August 15, 2009, 09:11:07 PM »
Anna (SlickChick) and I had local AP member and good mate Tony (Illawarra_Steelers) around for a few sherbets and an afternoon of pinball and talking shit.

Special thanks go to Stern Electronics, Bally, Sheaf Stout and Carlton Cold for their cooperation  ^^^

« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:35:56 PM by Rod71 »

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Pinball Afternoon
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 09:14:04 PM »
Great way to spend an arvo, thanks for posting up the pics  #*#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline SlickChick

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 09:47:26 PM »
It was a good time, thanks for coming Tony!  Though my plan to convince you that Stars should be remade into Starsky & Hutch has failed miserably.  @.@  So I've decided that for now a Starsky & Hutch pinball backglass might suffice. (We'll worry about the rest of the game later!)  It's a start, might be fun to design, and we could hang it on the wall next to his framed Charlie's Angels, Tri Zone and Trident backglasses.

It was totally cool to hear all 3 machines going off at once, we usually play one at a time. Rod kept playing out of turn  !@# so we ended up just racking up 3 players on each game, playing one ball then going to the next available machine and playing that one. It was all about getting one perfect ball rather than worrying about an overall score.  It was actually kind of cool, I had a great time!

Play Centipede without a track ball? Um -- it's Centipede! A joystick won't cut it, Rod, I NEED MY TRACKBALL!! :wtf:

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 09:56:57 PM »
Rod kept playing out of turn  !@# so we ended up just racking up 3 players on each game, playing one ball then going to the next available machine and playing that one.

#@! Wasn't me  ()

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 10:06:26 PM »
Sounds like a great afternoon indeed thanks for posting

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 11:06:45 PM »

Great pictures - Thanks for sharing  ^^^

Kinda strange seeing the KISS pinball not being played - and there's Tony playing a Stern !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 08:54:31 AM »
Nothing wrong with Hot Hand - I really enjoyed it last time I played one!

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 08:55:09 AM »
Firstly thanks a million for the afternoon, was really happy to get there and meet up and get to play some amazing games.

This for me is the best part of being invloved in the forums - meeting and becoming great friends with people with common interest. Suppose for the Sydney and surrounds people it was the Rollerball meets that broke down the walls and gave people from around the areas to meet up, talk pinball and play games. I know it has inspired me to hold meets twice a year.

Yes Nino, the KISS sat there most of the afternoon - it was the Sterns Stars and Hot Hand that got worked over the entire time.

Now onto these games - now firstly the condition of these 3 games  *%*

I have seen alot of KISS pins over the years - but the playfield on this game is mint - has what looks like day one mylar - the backglass is the same. Suppose we get to play KISS at different places so she wasn't played that much.

The Hot Hand is a fantastic game to play - lots of cool shots, she flows real well. For a game of this vintage there is alot going on, kept coming back to this many times. Once again the condition of this game was just fantastic!

Now the Stars - how could anybody want to convert this to another game Anna?  :lol :lol :lol Once again fantastic condition and such a tough games- it was like a drug, just couldn't get enough of this game. Just one more target for specials....drain....do'h  @.@

How many times did this happen  #@#

So thanks again Rod and Anna for the very enjoyable afternoon - greatly appreciate you hosting me for a real fun afternoon

Offline SlickChick

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 10:33:25 AM »
Now the Stars - how could anybody want to convert this to another game Anna?  :lol :lol :lol Once again fantastic condition and such a tough games- it was like a drug, just couldn't get enough of this game. Just one more target for specials....drain....do'h  @.@

How many times did this happen  #@#

It happens because the game is EVIL and must be put down.  ^&(  But I'm glad you enjoyed playing it.  Of the three, Hot Hand is the most fun to play for me, perhaps because it's nice to me!  :lol
Play Centipede without a track ball? Um -- it's Centipede! A joystick won't cut it, Rod, I NEED MY TRACKBALL!! :wtf:

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 11:43:44 AM »
I am getting a little concerned !
The more photos I see of Tony - the less EM's he is playing.
 :lol :lol :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 02:47:51 PM »
No need for the concern mate  :lol

I enjoy all eras of pinballs.

Was over at Kev's this morning playing his 2 EMs  ^^^