Author Topic: Big thanks to GAP!  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Ballywannabe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Big thanks to GAP!
« on: October 04, 2009, 12:19:14 PM »
A big thanks to Graeme (GAP) for the gathering of pinheads at his place yesterday.  Got to meet a number of AP members as well as having a look and play on some of the nicest machines you could ever wish to see $#$  His recently acquired TOM was a highlight for me.  Was also interesting to play his add-a-ball EM Freefall - balls keep getting added when you complete certain tasks.  It sits right next to the replay version Skyjump.

His shed has come up a treat with its insulation and if his collection keeps growing at its current rate it will shortly be full :lol

We were all spoiled by Graeme's wife Lana on the day, with food and drink magically appearing all day - thanks Lana @@*

Did anyone take some photo's?  We should have nominated a photographer.

cheers
Ian

Offline GAP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, Western Australia
Re: Big thanks to GAP!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »
Thanks Ian, glad you enjoyed it. I would also like to thank the better half (Lana) for keeping everyone fed and watered throughout the arvo, and Joe Tripoli for providing the prize balls for the Black Spidy comp.
Gibbo (Ratbag) won the T-shirt and 5 balls - highest score, Ian (Ballywannabe) won 2 balls - second highest and Max (Maxwiz) wins the rusty balls - lowest score. Might have to make this a regular event and call it the Rusty Balls Meet ??

Cheers
Graeme

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »
Congrats on what sounds like a fun meet  ^^^

It's really awesome how the forum has spawned all these gatherings.  Totally unheard of not so long ago. 

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 01:22:02 PM »
Glad you guys had fun without me.
Sorry I couldn't make it Graeme   @.@  I'll be there next time I promise.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 01:23:54 PM »
Yes thanks Graeme and Lana for a great day,some very nice machines to play also good to finally put some faces to names.Glad you chose your Spidy Black for the comp as I still cant put together a good game on any EM !@#

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 01:25:50 PM »

Any pictures ?

Sounds like another great meet  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 04:24:18 PM »
Yeah, thoroughly good afternoon & BBQ thanks again to Graeme & Lana. Dunno about being the "rusty balls" champ - hope to live it down quietly. To echo Ratbag - it was also great to meet Ballywannabe & Pinfrog at last.
Graeme now has an eminently cool collection which we all had bags of fun playing!  !#%
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline pinfrog

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth WA
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »
Thanks Graeme and Lana for  a great day! Not too often  get to play a line up of pins like that.Spidey black,TOM,MM, FG just to mention a few.Great to catch up with the fellas and meet other passionate pinheads.Cant wait for the next gathering of the clan!Cheers Les. ^^^