Author Topic: Flipper problem  (Read 2197 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Flipper problem
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 10:56:55 PM »
Just another update - I am still having the occasional 'sticky flipper' problem on the RHS which I have nearly ironed out - this is a purely mechanical thing - when I changed the coil over I wasn't quite successful in putting everything back together how it came out. If I had another nut for the bolt I am using to replace the one that came out I think I would be on a winner. Might drop in to Bunnings or similar tomorrow to find one as I want this working for New Year's Eve.  *%*

I have been playing it a bit and the RH ball eater (locker) stopped functioning correctly. The ball would go in, the eater would go down but it would come straight back up again and eject the ball (due to gravity). After some deductive logic I concluded it had to be the ball switch on the eater. Cleaning the switch contacts and bending the switch blades to ensure contact on the eater descent didn't help, so I bit the bullet and removed the eater from the playfield. Sure enough, one of the switch wires was loose - a re-solder means this is functioning perfectly now.

This game is a lot of fun to play, quite challenging really.