Author Topic: *VIDEOS added -TOYOTA New Technology is Amazing ! 2012 Vehicles  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
question

when buying/ recharging a hybrid product  is it Carbon tax free?...... and are you better off buying a stand alone /portable solar panel recharge station to take with you?

Always wondered why, if they are genuinely trying to be emission friendly, the roofs of these vehicles aren't solar panels so that they charge whenever they are out (and there's sun), or parked in the sun all day etc? Must be a reason?  !@#

Yep.... not much making sense anywhere anymore... solar panels on a car would be ideal... car is a DC circuit, solar provides DC power. Instead they push solar for households which is AC power.
A car charges up pretty well when running and it only needs to retain enough power to turn the engine over at start, once thats achieved, the battery is pretty redundant.
The whole world is arse over tit.. ive got pictures from 1910 that show solar hot water systems on roofs... then it became cheap to burn fossil fuel so the solar technology was thrown out. Now its back and its research obtains very little Gov funding to increase the efficiency of the cells.. couple that with Gov incentives ending for installation of such items and you are left scratching your head to find the logical path.
I cant see how any of it makes sense.. we p;ay more for electricity so the CO2 emitters can buy permits to produce CO2... only a politician would see the sense in this and its mainly cos someone somewhere is making a good buck out of it. The turbines dont shut down when we have green hour... they keep running... the HAVE to keep running, so we are comitted to producing more power than is necessary, wether we use it or not is neither here nor there.
I did a project at TAFE some 10 years ago studying salt nitrate towers in USA... they have a solar farm that produces more than the community can consume... excess is stored in large nitrate towers that act like huge capacitors... its a great system!
Does Australia embrace any of these ideas? No.. its easier to continue digging coal and then punish the consumer for the power it produces.

Call me naiive, but i can only summise that mans contribution to climate change is negligable ( the world evolves naturally.. always has done and even Australia was once under a great ocean)... save the planet.. go green is a rue to extract more $$ from the people through fear and someone somewhere is making big dollars from it all.

Sometimes i think im going mad cos years ago im bloody sure we were heading for another ice age... McDonalds stopped using the plastic cartons etc and the world was healed... now we are heating up. Stop expecting me to keep extracting money from my arse... bring back the plastic carton and lets all get on with life again...LOL

Rant...Rant.... ^.^ ^.^