Author Topic: magic castle help needed  (Read 447 times)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
Re: magic castle help needed
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 08:54:06 PM »
the wire has to go to coil.it is the ground switched wire from cn17.to activate the coil energize.if the centre lug is common,then the wire should go there
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 09:18:57 PM »
Ok. Now I'm really confused. ^&^

The Schematic seems to show the gate as a single wound coil and no EOS switch, but it does show the blk/wht wire as connected to the coil.
(Compare the flipper schematics which clearly show both windings and the switch.)

The parts list definitely shows dual wound coil and switch.  ?? Error in the schematics ??

I guess if the gate raises up and stays up for a period then the EOS switch is neccesary to prevent the coil from burning out, just like when holding a flipper up.

Sorry to say but I think this one may be a bit beyond me.
Perhaps someone with more experience can offer some advice.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »
yer that was my first post.schematits are wrong.it shows a single winding(no eos) thats what got me stumped.if i wire it as a flipper with new diodes,new drivers i think it will work.ps coil or diode shows no short.i do not need to know all the theory behind it all but i have drawn myself a diagram and i am trying to work it all out.f--k this should have been an easy fix.lol ^&^ ^&^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Steevsee

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 09:43:56 PM »
You sound like me.  I've just been drawing diagrams from the flippers on my Zacc Blackbelt to try to figure it out. :lol

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 10:34:13 PM »
LOL!!!

Be careful when reading Zac schematics.. they dont show what is in front of you.. they show the logic of operation, this MIGHT be the case in the coil you are scratching your heads over.
The flippers are shown clearly as dual winding coils... your gate isnt. Its possible that the THEORY of this is that this coil is a holding coil and so a single winding is shown. In reality, a dual winding is used to achieve this.

If you go and look at your CPU schematics and compare to what you have on your boards, youll find AND gates on the schematics but NAND gates etc on the board, and so your inputs will not read as the high and high displayed etc or vice versa.

You cant read ZAC diagrams like you can GTB or WMS for example... you only read them as theory of operation.
Zac games can really screw with your head when fixing them... The ZAC website by David gersic doesnt always help either... he is very keen to put at fault the dual RAM chips as common fault... ive fixed 3 Zac games so far.. the first really hurt my head.. all 3 had CPU faults and on none of them were the RAM chips at fault... diagnosing what was in front of me was.

Good luck!!!!

Offline Steevsee

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 10:54:43 PM »
Thanks Gav.
Good to know it's not just me.