Author Topic: Cleaning wire ramps  (Read 944 times)

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
Re: Cleaning wire ramps
« on: February 01, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »
I know it sounds stupid, but I just removed the wire ramps from my cactus jacks out of the disherwasher!

They were absolutley filthy, and have come out better than new!

You could try that first, mine went it for the 30 min short cycle with the normal dishwasher detergent.

PS I also put in all my clear plastic ramps (even with stickers on them) and they came out spot on as well, all that was needed was a quick going over with the perspex polish to get rid of the water marks.

Cheers Angelo

There have been some horror stories from people washing plastic ramps and plastics in their dishwashers - mainly from having it on for too long, or too hot - so anyone wanting to give this a go, PLEASE do a test run first!

Some of the plastic ramps and plastics are near impossible to replace, so if you have a machine where these parts are not available, use the dishwasher trick at your own risk.

Also, make sure you strip down all the wiring, lamp sockets and switches from anything you put through the dishwasher.

Thanks for the warning Owen, I was surprised that the stickers stayed on.

I ran it on the shortest cylce, the plastic ramps were quite thin and there was no distortion or change at all.

The plastics with printing on them were washed in hot soapy water and work very good as well.

Cheers Angelo

No worries Angelo, I know this trick works, but I know of people who have just put the plastic parts in on a normal cycle, only to find that they are now in the market for new ones...