Author Topic: T2 Autofire  (Read 185 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
T2 Autofire
« on: February 25, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm still in the testing phase after the playfield rebuild whilst some parts are on the way.

I've noticed an issue which was not present before.  The autofire feature will not work.  When the light is active (ie first few seconds after ball launch) if the ball drains, it gets pushed into the shooter lane, but it does not fire automatically.  The gun handle is not active so you cannot shoot it yourself.

In ordinary game play, the gun handle launces the ball fine. 

If someone with a T2 is able to let me know what the orientation of the wires going to the shooter lane coil are I will double check but I'm 99% sure they're right.

I've replaced the diode on the shooter lane ball switch and all other switches seem to test fine?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marty

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: T2 Autofire
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:15:25 PM »
 @.@    @.@    @.@

OK fixed.

I think Greg's super bright #89 flashers are killing my brain cells..

Although the shooter lane switch was working (with me pressing it with finger), after spending a few hours going through every switch in the matrix, replacing a dozen or so diodes I put the ball in there (in test mode) and guess what, switch not registering....

!*!

Well, another lesson in that for me....

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 10:09:04 PM »
Yep, chalk another up to experience.

Next time the troubleshooting process will be that much faster.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 12:24:37 PM »
I hop enone of my luck has rubbed off on you Marty. Sounds like something I'd do and something that would happen to me after changing a stupid bulb or something.

I hate it when you look at something and then go for a test and find another unrelated things is stuffed. My first reaction is always 'what have you done now' syndrome.
Still loving my Metallica Premium