Author Topic: Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland by John Popadiuk  (Read 59295 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Admirable but your post suggests that you can go to the corner store and buy 20 x mechanisms for EVERYTHING in the machine - this is not always the case.

I don't think the small group concept is a big concern, rather I think it is the funding model.

If a small team were to design, play and test a game in their spare time, have a thorough manufacturing strategy plan, a BOM, all quotes in for manufacturing and sourcing of parts and not ask for a cent ready to hit the manufacturing GO button things would be safer for the people ordering games, yes may take a little longer for the team to bring their machine to the public but less risk for everyone including the team members. The team could also then take out a loan to cover the parts / manufacturing for the first 10-20 games so when games are purchased they are delivered quickly and the income earned pays back a good portion of the loan as well as re-invested into the next batch of 10-20 games - similar to how spooky are doing it. This approach keeps the team motivated and driven to finish. I think (speculation) that Jpop got a $1 million and just designed away perfecting the look and function and ran out of funds to build the games but he owes $1 million to his customers and lots of money owed to suppliers etc as it is obvious that he lacks skills in project management, and budgeting.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals