Author Topic: 3 stooges/ Ted  (Read 471 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
3 stooges/ Ted
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
Caught adv screenings of these films this week.

Stooges is very very disapointing to the point of awful, this was a big let down! Save $$$ for a beer/pizza/movie night when the video shop has one dollar deals...see it then, this snorefest is not worth the price of a ticket.
Big contender for the worst film of the year!

Ted was actually better than I thought it would be and although very crude in parts it has a good heart and is well worth a look but once again there is no need to spend the $$ on a cinema ticket. It's a video night movie as well.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: 3 stooges/ Ted
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:41:09 PM »

Interesting that Ted and The Three Stooges have mixed reviews.

Ted looks boring and full of old cliche's. Typical of today's humor, it is not funny without the foul language. The Three Stooges trailer is hilarious, and it might be the only movie I'll pay to see this year.

As I grew up on the Stooges, I was always looking forward to it. Can't wait. Wish there was a "Goodies" movie as well  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:20:29 PM »
They should never have gone there...

.. 3 Stooges... Marx Brothers... Laurel & Hardy... Chaplin... Buster Keaton.... all of these defined movie humour. They wrote the book and to remake any will always be a complete disaster.
Just look at the remakes of The pink Panther.. it would seem a lesson NOT learned

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 09:42:33 PM »
Agree 1 million percent Gav  #*#

Hollywood and Co can NEVER take classic individual and unique humour from another era entirely and re-create it as 'funny'
It will ALWAYS come off looking cheap and stupid in 2012 and beyond.

LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE  @.@
DW Drums rule !

Offline XTHOMMOX

• Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast NSW
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 08:10:41 PM »
Was hoping the Stooges might be OK, but this and other feedback Ive read means it'll be on video soon. Looks like "save your bucks" for something worhtwhile.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 08:13:24 PM »
This is just my opinion.
I was a big fan of of the original stooges shorts and although they have casted this film very well with the 3 main players it fell way short. Once again a poor screenplay lets down a possible good idea.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:09:09 PM »

Went to the movies for the first time in 10 Years. "The Three Stooges" was worth every cent and is the funniest movie I've seen since Eddie Murphy's "Nutty Professor". I took my eight year old son who walked out of the theater doing Curly "nyuk nyuk nyuk".

Mostly kids there (and big ones like me).

Had many of the original gags and some new ones. The actors were that good that I thought I was watching original Three Stooges - but in color. It was that good. My only gripe was the tie in with that stupid american show "Jersey Shore" - those idiots cannot act, but it was hilarious to see them bashed up by the Stooges.

Well worth the price. VERY funny movie. If you were brought up on the Stooges (like me), it won't disappoint. Great to see a funny movie without the usual swearing and sexual innuendo that most movies NEED to be remotely funny.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 12:08:26 AM »

Went to the movies for the first time in 10 Years. "The Three Stooges" was worth every cent and is the funniest movie I've seen since Eddie Murphy's "Nutty Professor". I took my eight year old son who walked out of the theater doing Curly "nyuk nyuk nyuk".

Mostly kids there (and big ones like me).

Had many of the original gags and some new ones. The actors were that good that I thought I was watching original Three Stooges - but in color. It was that good. My only gripe was the tie in with that stupid american show "Jersey Shore" - those idiots cannot act, but it was hilarious to see them bashed up by the Stooges.

Well worth the price. VERY funny movie. If you were brought up on the Stooges (like me), it won't disappoint. Great to see a funny movie without the usual swearing and sexual innuendo that most movies NEED to be remotely funny.

Glad you gave it a great wrap Nino I also grew up on the original and can't wait to see this one the trailer looks funny.

Peter