Author Topic: All you Acca Dacca fans  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: All you Acca Dacca fans
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 03:28:17 PM »
Strangeways, what the .............  lol
Angus leaves half of those guys u mentioned for dead. Maybe one could argue that Angus is definately the most popular and best known alive guitar man on the planet. BB king bloody close for being well known world wide, and still alive.

Ok, Hendix was/is probably the best i have ever seen.

But Angus, still kicks arse and doesnt wear a KFc bucket on his head at least. lol  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 03:55:54 PM »
Back to the volume of their concerts, I attended AC/DCs last concert the Ballbreaker tour in Melbourne about 12yrs ago, it was inside the tennis centre, I remember my ears ringing for a good three days after that. I'm sure it cant be good for your hearing.
...But the concert was awesome, man can those boys put on a show. So I guess it was worth the pain  !@#  *)*

Offline knight76

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast NSW Australia Earth
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 09:55:02 PM »
I also went to the Ballbreaker tour in Sydney, ears ringing for a few days. Went to Megadeth in Sydney years ago and thought my ears were not going to stop ringing.

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 04:34:30 AM »
where he said they (him and Malcolm) each had SIX 100 watt marshall

Yeah Mr P that's right but what they have ONE main amp (a 50watt Marshall JMP with preamp, crank the shit out of it to pull the sound by driving the valves), and then feed into whatever many 100watt heads they need for sonicness/bigness, then feed the speaker boxes for wall of sound, then P.A it to make go far and wide (so you can hear it from your house).

Yepp you're dead right there. Just remembered an interview on "The Guitar Show" on the ABC where Angus said pretty much what you just described (one 50watt head to get the 'out front' sound, and the 100 watt heads for his on stage sound/volume).

^^^Yeah well i've never seen the guitar show just use my ears that's all. There is no way any band use a row of Marshall quad boxes plugged in at real volume for the simple fact that the band would go deaf real quick and it's as simple as that, that type of gear is damaging and honestly any human would be physically 'moved' if you stood if front of it. Don't believe me?? Come around to my brothers place and see if you can keep your feet %.% . Mainly boxes are set up for show, the P.A does the work (as well as the tubes).
MMmmm , best ten guitarists of all time?? No such thing. I heard at least 20 just tonight, and my guess is youv'e never heard of them ^^^.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 04:46:26 AM by braddo »
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 10:25:14 AM »
Strangeways, what the .............  lol
Angus leaves half of those guys u mentioned for dead. Maybe one could argue that Angus is definately the most popular and best known alive guitar man on the planet. BB king bloody close for being well known world wide, and still alive.

Ok, Hendix was/is probably the best i have ever seen.

But Angus, still kicks arse and doesnt wear a KFc bucket on his head at least. lol  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Angus is awesome, no doubt about that.  But really he's a one trick pony compared to most of the greats Nino mentioned.

May i throw some local talent into the mix in the form of Ian Moss.  Now that guy just oozes feel, and on top of that, is an amazing vocalist.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 01:42:36 PM »
where he said they (him and Malcolm) each had SIX 100 watt marshall

Yeah Mr P that's right but what they have ONE main amp (a 50watt Marshall JMP with preamp, crank the shit out of it to pull the sound by driving the valves), and then feed into whatever many 100watt heads they need for sonicness/bigness, then feed the speaker boxes for wall of sound, then P.A it to make go far and wide (so you can hear it from your house).

Yepp you're dead right there. Just remembered an interview on "The Guitar Show" on the ABC where Angus said pretty much what you just described (one 50watt head to get the 'out front' sound, and the 100 watt heads for his on stage sound/volume).

There is no way any band use a row of Marshall quad boxes plugged in at real volume for the simple fact that the band would go deaf real quick and it's as simple as that, that type of gear is damaging and honestly any human would be physically 'moved' if you stood if front of it. Don't believe me?? Come around to my brothers place and see if you can keep your feet %.% . Mainly boxes are set up for show, the P.A does the work (as well as the tubes).

hell yeah.. I TOTALLY BELIEVE *%* *%* I KNOW how loud just ONE Marshall stack can be going at full guts!! I repaired a couple of old 70s Marshall heads for a recording studio in Tamworth, so i can vouch for just how loud they are(should've bought them when i had the chance). You're right NO ONE could stand in front of a row of Marshalls at full volume. They''re all there for show. How about Ted Nugent who in his earlier days supposedly used SIX fender supertwin amps all hooked up.. now THAT would be impossible, my father owns one of these amps and they are F**KING LOUD!! (all valve, 180 watts!!)  these things would have to be one of the loudest guitar amps ever made!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 01:45:08 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 02:17:15 PM »
Haha yeah I sometimes don't understand the point of what these things can do. My bro's Marshall (early 80's) has no preamp it's clean but has 2 volume knobs (sounds like spinal tap don't it %.%). One volume for treble the other for bass. We've played some big shows, and he has never gone past about 2 1/2 to 3 on the volumes, and even at that level it is so loud the impact will physically move you, so you can imaging what happens to your eardrums %.%. Damaging but it sounds so good!! The reason AC/DC use 50watters is so they can turn the volume right up and 'drive' the amp to get as much sound out of it as possible, then they can put that driven sound through anything (more heads, boxes, P.A whatever) My brother was going to do the same thing, use a JMP for the tube preamp sound, then throw that through his loud/clean head for fine tuning and volume, now that would sound hypnotic. Marshall's are great you can drop one off a building, leave it out in the rain, and it will still probably work when you turn the thing on :lol.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 02:22:44 PM by braddo »
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 11:28:13 PM »
Well theyre at it again, but this time im sure its a bit louder as ive had to turn "from Dusk Till dawn" up loud so i can hear it. No doubt i sahll be penning a letter to the council shortly..... LOL!!! !*! && %.%

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »
AC/DC was heard some 16kms south of the concert venue, I doubt many would complain Gav as its not every day/year that Acca Dacca plays here in Brisbane.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.