Author Topic: Re doing Black around Playfield inserts - Advice needed Pls  (Read 489 times)

Offline thefasteddy69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
Re doing Black around Playfield inserts - Advice needed Pls
« on: December 24, 2009, 09:25:05 PM »
Hi All, I am hoping someone can help out with some advice here. I have done a mylar strip from my Space Station and all has gone pretty well. Except a few things did not go to plan. The stickers on the inserts seemed to be a bit rough and some of them did not stay on. So will have to fix them up somehow.

Also the black around the outside of the inserts have mostly come off. What is the best method for re doing the black. I have tried the black sharpie but it isnt opaque enough and light comes thru. Does anyone know of another method? I was hoping that there is some sort of paint pen which might do the trick? Thanks.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
calligraphy pens are good - they come in about 4 different tip widths - make sure you use a compass - you will not draw a good crisp circle.

Best way though is to use a template made of clear sticky vinyl and enamel paint

Offline thefasteddy69

• Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
Hi Gav, Thanks for the tip. I will get some of these next week and have a go and see how it comes out.

It's a great machine and some people are unsure if they like it or not but I love it as it is a little bit different. Some of the shots can be difficult such as up the RH ramp and the multiball goes real quick.

I have been playing around with it and changing some bits and pieces and is coming up a treat. Am after the blue upper playfield and the RH ramp as well so have been trolling thru ebay in the states to see if any come up. Might get lucky.

Have a great Chrissy everyone. #*#

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
If it's going into the small crack around the insert and going to have mylar over it anyway, use a little black paint on a brush slap it in then wipe off the excess with your finger, comes up a treat  *%*