Author Topic: New T-Shirt for Aussie Pinball- thoughts for Moderators  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
New T-Shirt for Aussie Pinball- thoughts for Moderators
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:52:08 PM »
Hey all

Nino asked me to look at some artwork for a new shirt.
I started this some time back and have changed the text etc and some other small aspects of it.
Personally I like the appearance of it - I like the colours and layout and I think the cartoony aspect suits 'pinball' but ...is the Wizard thing a bit gay !@#
I like the wizard idea & the obvious tie-in to Pinball Wizard' and I thought it might be cool not to have the obvious flipper / bumper stuff on the next shirt.

Here is my idea for the front left chest image ( or left manboob in some cases )
The overall size of this is approx 115W  x 50H
The text is approx 10mm in height

This is the rear option.
It sits at approx 280W x 110H - a little larger than the rear print on the current T-Shirt
The Wizards are are 50mm x 50mm
The text is about 20mm high

If you cant see the entire image here at AP - then click this - http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3789/wizard1rear.jpg

*** I also think we should do a Bumper Sticker as well   ***

Please provide any feedback U like.
ALL text can be altered, outer white glow reduced etc, images can be moved around etc.
Wizard CANT go much bigger.

The choice of words "Rediscover etc ' are MY thoughts only ......I welcome others inputs and ideas and can change the text and resubmit images to show other peoples idea's.

And - obviously the question begs - would you buy another shirt if another run was produced - I would.

Feedback please

DW Drums rule !

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
Like the look and the colours Wotto . Great job . I did think of some alternate text if you want to consider options . Seeing as though most of us are in to restoring pins to some degree maybe :

"Restore your passion for all things pinball"

Just an idea . 

Offline daics3522

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
LOVE THE DESIGN AND WOULD BE UP FOR THESE AS TEES AND STICKERS................

Maybe "Rediscover the Art of Pinball"

or

"Flippers and Balls, What more do you need"

or

"Polished Balls are Forever"
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
I like the 'Restore your passion for all things pinball' idea.

I think the wizard by itself doesn't convey enough about pinball - maybe instead of a wand he could hold a flipper? And maybe the stars could be little pinballs?? I think it needs to be obvious enough that the shirt is about pinball.

Just some ideas - no need to act on them if you don't like them.

And yes I would buy another shirt if the price was right like last time.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
My initial thoughts are that the shirt should simply say

Aussie Pinball - I collect & Play Pinball

I dont like the wizard, wizards are used for magic shops n the like.

The logos shld include things like pinball names being, Twilight Zone, Indianna Jones, Monster Bash etc etc etc, all the top dozen pins names, as well as names like Bally, Williams, Sega, Data East, Stern etc.

(ohhh, i am just waiting to hear the copyright panic again.lol)

Shirt can be busy from top to bottom. thats my thought anyway.  ^^^  ^^^   ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Ahh   ^&^ no Em's ?
Looks good Wotto
Bumper stickers would be great
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:30:37 PM by millsy »
pinballaustralia.com

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
I like it. It's cool ^^^
A suggestion, "Rediscover the Silverball" or "Rediscover the Art of Pinball"

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Thanks guys so far.

I really like the 'Rediscover the art of pinball' line that Gav and Daics offered. , to me THAT tells people that 'pinball is back" and builds a type of curiosity ^^^

For AJlaird I did a ball / flipper type of thing but to me it looks like cats whiskers -  :lol ( my drawing I mean - not the idea )

Millsy - U got an Em style pop bumper on the 1st shirt so stop complaining - thats enough out of you  %.% %.%

And to my dear old mate Cavey  - big hug for you pal  !#%- I would REALLY like to use some images and brand names and logo's that instantly mean something to other pinheads that might see the shirt, but unfortunately that does definitely fly in the face of ALL copyright holders , not just the one goose. Even though this hobby / industry is halted by the percieved persona of one complete ninkumpoop I would rather just do something completely generic for the guys / members here at AP and save a LOT of potential wasted months arguing with a pimple over a bloody T-shirt design- have another cuddle from me mate - sorry  !#%

Due to the fact that I cannot use instantly recognisable 'brand' logos etc , thats why I am still attempting to do something colourful and eye-catching, even to the 'lay-man' that may not have thought about pinball for years who would see the shirt and ask questions of the wearer or better still, come to the site.

DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
thanks for the hug wotto.  %$% lol

ok, i will be a bad boy and do a shirt too ! I will still buy yours. I wont say what i will stick on mine, but i am sure u know it will be "interesting".

count me in for whatever design u come up with. It just has to fit. 5xl for my 135 kilos. I really do look like a caveman.lol except the head. lol
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:20:34 PM by caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
From the sounds of it mate - I will DEFINITLY be first in line to be buying your one  && *)* &&

Keep the idea's coming guys please.
well - not U Cavey  :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
i need another hug. lol

but i better put a shirt on first !

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Looks Great, but what happened to doing the Plunger Girl Next?

I like her the best...add the mottos above to her pictures.....maybe a little sexist (but not a lot and should not offend anyone) after all is that what Pinball was all about.  How many backglasses showed sexy women.  Its not sexist, but natrual and a compliment to women that men admire them so much in my opinion...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 03:03:01 PM by The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan »
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
Something about the use of licensed artwork and the pin police / copyright issues...... %.% %.%
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
I like the restore pinball one but I don't know about the purple.

Could you post a couple with different colour schemes maybe?
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
Maybe make one design with the TEXT being the same BLUE as the Wizards bottoms / shoes... I think the purple on the Wizard itself is OK.