Author Topic: TZ & ToM - Various Pinball mods/add-ons  (Read 3980 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Pinball mods/add-ons
« on: August 05, 2009, 08:57:09 PM »
The MODS I've done on my ToM are as follows:
1. LED's on most inserts - makes them really stand out and brings the playfield more to life, highly recommend

2. Gold Lit Marquee and motorize Tiger saw - bloody fantastic. The light on the mirror do different patterns depending on what ramp shot has been made or what position the trunk is in etc etc. The tiger saw spins for awhile when the newton ball/stationary ball is hit (roms 1.3x and 1.4H) and also runs continuously during 'tiger saw' mode (rom 1.4H only and home PIC chip U22). It really lights up the top end and adds a lot of 'glitz' to the palyfield/game. Pinball Pro's mod is great and very professionally done. The saw and mirror are gold and integrated to the system via a PCB and direct drive motor assembly. This is the mod to buy when going for the motorized saw option.

3. Rom update   to 1.4H and PIC update - to get the motorized tiger saw mod operating to the max

4. Extra GI bulb under the 'Theatre Entrance' ramp - Adds a bit of light to a dim area. But its no major improvement.

5. Used coloured globes rather than silcon covered ones.

ADD-ONS"
1. Gold Chain on the trunk.
2. Magic wand on the RHS ramp
3. The rabbit on the trunk
4. "Levitating Woman' sign - just trying a concept
5. Magic hand on the top RH conrner to fill that area.
6. Plastic protector set - well worth having to save your playfield plastics.

Here are some pix
Still loving my Metallica Premium