Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 130327 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2015, 02:14:44 PM »
Even if a game was BNIB and pulled out, had a dozen only test games played on it, then put back in the box, current game plays and audits left in tact and not erased, the machine would still sell in five seconds a week or a year or more down the track.

The benefit to the buyer is that the game has been tested and can be described as such. This would not scare off any buyers. I understand what happened in Blairs (Pintoxicated) case. Something was missed at factory and the game wasn't checked out of box in Australia.

I know that when AMD gets a BNIB game and is asked by the customer to fully check the game before shipment, they pull the game out at absolutely no cost, check everything and then send the machine out after fitting coin mechs and shakers etc if u buy them fitted.

Also, my understanding is that every game is played and tested at Stern and audits (any plays) are reset so someone thinking a BNIB has never had any Playfield action for a few minutes is not always correct. The games are all plugged into Sterns test rigs and everything is also checked on a software package. This happens on every game.

I have never had a BNIB Stern with any faults from factory and the machines (at my request) were never pulled out in Sydney for checking. I fit my own shakers etc. Never had a scratch or blemish or anything. Been all perfect from factory. The only hassle I had after a year was a few tiny marks on a few ramp flaps on ACDC. Otherwise perfecto.

KISS should be solid. Nothing ever gets past AMD if they pull the machine out of the box and check it over thoroughly and they always request they do that.

The audio output option on KISS sounds good. The Wi Fi idea is great n should be a reality sooner or later by new design or simple add on to some existing Stern titles.

I am sure a few people bought a few LE models for themselves.
Wife rings up, brother rings up and customer rings up and so on.
Since I like the Pro models, certainly wasn't the case for me etc but who knows, someone may have bought a multiple or two ?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:31:14 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !