Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 130048 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #540 on: June 20, 2015, 05:36:54 PM »
Would it be safe to assume ? the heads were painted in a third world company like China or India or by some cut price person/company somewhere ? Probably.
They were probably worried more about their next meal and painting 100 heads an hour or they get the sack ?

Was the head painted perfectly , NO. I agree.
You simply ask the Stern dealer for a replacement.

Has anyone here sent Stern a photo of that head and given them some polite feedback ? That would be constructive.

I will wait and see a lot more of the Kiss pinnies that have been made before I will pass judgement on the overall quality. I personally judge things by looking at the majority not the minority.
Didn't say my approach was perfect or 100 percent correct or everyone's cup of tea, but it is how I judge things.

I understand some people, and at this stage perhaps the minority are a little concerned or focused on having a great as close to perfect machine delivered. In all fairness, that is your right cause it is your hard earnt money and I understand the pre delivery jitters or nervousness.

I just seem to be a little bit less concerned.
I appreciate both sides of the argument on quality control from any product or company.
I am sure Stern is considering the feedback from social media and doing the best they can.
They are here to keep people happy, not meaningly upset anyone I would imagine.

Stern are mentioning on FB that most of the work is done - "in house". They proudly mention this on TWD Toppers. I'd say it is done in their factory. What would be the point in having it done overseas - they just moved to a massive new factory.

Everyone agrees that the picture of that head is simply wrong. OK - so a Stern Distributor should replace it ? - Yes. No argument. Should never have made it that far..

My point is that the Stern distributor should not be wasting time dealing with a defective parts that has to be posted and then swapped over. This costs Stern and the dealer - and far far more importantly - it gets US talking about Stern and QA.

The alternative ;

The person who painted it - notices it is bad - throws it away or has is started from scratch again - costs nothing to Stern, nothing to the dealer and we don't notice it.

The person who puts it in the machines - sees it is defective. Same as above.
The person who drops the playfield into the machines - sees it is defective. Same as above.
The person who playtests the machines - sees it is defective. Same as above.
The person who does the final checks - - sees it is defective. Same as above.

So FIVE Stern employees have quite possibly seen the issue. The QA guy should have done his job.

So the DEALER / Distributor has to deal with it ? After 5 Stern employees have seen it and COULD have done something about it ?

That is not a professional QA setup.

It is kinda like the dimpling issue and the excuse to keep playing it so it "blends in". If the process was done correct the first time, then no one needs to become involved.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia