Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 128022 times)

Offline StuartT

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2015, 02:50:42 PM »
Surely a fanatical collector would buy a minimum one of each edition, then multiples if possible.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2015, 03:54:09 PM »
rule card
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2015, 06:53:11 PM »
New cheaper model released  %.%
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:57:00 PM by ralph67 »
One-Ball!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2015, 10:47:31 PM »
Surely a fanatical collector would buy a minimum one of each edition, then multiples if possible.

Not with the LEs. BUT - A loophole would be to order an LE from different distributors  #@#

As soon as my LE hits the showroom floor, there will be at least 4-5 KISS collectors who will have the opportunity to play the game and then decide if they want a Premium or not. I had a customer play TWD LE today, and he walked away totally impressed with the gameplay. He is a KISS fan, and he wants the call the day I set mine up. I think once the scramble for the LE's is done - mostly KISS Collectors anyway - then Pinball fans will snap up the premiums IF the game is a good player will good code.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2015, 11:12:11 PM »
It's only a matter of time Nino before you have multiple BNIB Sterns in your collection and you play them often and feel the latest DMD stuff is just as fun to collect and play as the 80,s or 90,s stuff.

ACDC , X Men , Avengers, The Walking Dead, Kiss etc etc.

The older pins and the latest stuff all compliment each other.
The fact you have a new Stern at APR Headquarters already and have had for a while tells me you might not want to let go of that Walking Dead pinny so easy and u might even replace it with one of your own.
In the world of pinball, Never say Never.
Dying to get my hands on the Stern flyers for the Kiss machines. And a translite or two.

I also predict sooner or later u will seriously rethink becoming a Stern dealer in VIC.
Never say Never.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinoffski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2015, 11:38:37 PM »
Have all the LE"s that have been allocated to Australia Sold out ?

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2015, 11:49:42 PM »
It's only a matter of time Nino before you have multiple BNIB Sterns in your collection and you play them often and feel the latest DMD stuff is just as fun to collect and play as the 80,s or 90,s stuff.

ACDC , X Men , Avengers, The Walking Dead, Kiss etc etc.

The older pins and the latest stuff all compliment each other.
The fact you have a new Stern at APR Headquarters already and have had for a while tells me you might not want to let go of that Walking Dead pinny so easy and u might even replace it with one of your own.
In the world of pinball, Never say Never.
Dying to get my hands on the Stern flyers for the Kiss machines. And a translite or two.

I also predict sooner or later u will seriously rethink becoming a Stern dealer in VIC.
Never say Never.

I'm old school - So the only DMD's I have an ongoing interest in playing is Scared Stiff, CV and TWD. I will play 50 games on Paragon, before I turn my attention to a DMD. Nothing against DMDs - it is just the Golden Era of pinball is such a strong period by ALL manufacturers that I keep returning back. I played a mint Fathom today (play tested for a friend), and it cannot be beaten for gameplay and artwork.

TWD is more an emotional connection as it was Greg's machine. It is still an AMAZING game, but I cannot play it (at this point). As I've mentioned before, would definitely own a TWD LE "if" the price was AUS$7500 ish.

True confession time - I knew the KISS machine was next (not from the Stern or "pinball" camp). But the artwork was kept under wraps so well that nothing was leaked. I was expecting the artwork to be reflective of the current line up. so I was "in a way" waiting for the failure so I could really kick the boots in to BOTH Stern and KISS. To go from one extreme to the other has surprised me in a way I've felt the entire release was surreal. The artwork is simply mind boggling. The layout is promising. The pop bumper / scoop is so "Addams Family" etc that I can't wait to play it. Metal ramps VS Plastic ramps - I love the metal ramps.

Two things really hit me today. I remember the day I watched my Father unbox NIB 1978 KISS pinballs. I'll NEVER forget it. I hoping I can have him present at my 2015 KISS unboxing. I wish Greg was still with us to see MY Stern unboxing - something he would NEVER have dreamt "I" would do. I've been lucky enough to unbox a couple of his games, and he let me (and others) have the first game. It would have been fitting for him to have the first  game on MY NIB KISS LE. That's what I would have insisted. He would have waved his arm and walked out for a smoke.

More Sterns in my collection ? You never know. At least I will have an LE in my showroom for people to play before i move it next to my Paragon and Fireball at home.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2015, 11:50:51 PM »
Have all the LE"s that have been allocated to Australia Sold out ?

Sold out Thursday morning. But there could be a "Stern backflip"..  #@#

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2015, 12:09:49 AM »
You forget one thing Nino. 50 games on an old ss may only last one game on a flip fest dmd. I know i can go through several games on embryon or si before having a lengthy game, but almost certain to get a good 5-10 minute game on a dmd I know the rules and setup.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinoffski

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2015, 12:12:08 AM »
I have been tuning the wife ever since the rumor come out...
Was going to be my first NIB ...

Have been playing Kiss Music for the last week ...lol

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2015, 12:21:11 AM »
You forget one thing Nino. 50 games on an old ss may only last one game on a flip fest dmd. I know i can go through several games on embryon or si before having a lengthy game, but almost certain to get a good 5-10 minute game on a dmd I know the rules and setup.

Thats because they are easier to play.. extended ball time due to liberal post settings and flippers that are only marginally bigger than the ball... being a mainly EM player I find I can be on a ball for 5 minutes or more on a modern game and often just walk away due to boredom

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2015, 08:54:18 AM »
Still games available, bruce has them, zax will have them, joe will have them.
Please don't go overboard on the hype train, I am sure everyone who wants one of these things will get one.
Pinballs are not investments and anyone who thinks that this title is like a blue chip stock will be in for a rude surprise, at 12k there is only one way for a LE to go in this country......Down!
 *%*
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2015, 11:00:48 AM »

Thats because they are easier to play.. extended ball time due to liberal post settings and flippers that are only marginally bigger than the ball... being a mainly EM player I find I can be on a ball for 5 minutes or more on a modern game and often just walk away due to boredom
Agreed, get rid of the wank factor and it has no soul.
But then again, the wank factor is what makes them fun, fun, fun.
I still play my surf champ more than any other machine, untill big juicy comes! No pun intended!
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2015, 02:27:29 PM »
Please don't go overboard on the hype train, I am sure everyone who wants one of these things will get one.
Pinballs are not investments and anyone who thinks that this title is like a blue chip stock will be in for a rude surprise, at 12k there is only one way for a LE to go in this country......Down!
 *%*

Have to respectfully disagree with a few points.
Anyone who purchased a ACDC LE who wanted to sell it today would make a profit easily.
The same will happen with Kiss LE. It may not happen overnight but like ACDC, it certainly was a profitable machine right at the start when people who wanted them n missed out and were prepared to pay more so original buyers of ACDC LE could easily make profit. Anyone selling a ACDE Back in Black LE or the LTBR LE can make a profit on resale right now. Some LE machines do rise in value strongly. Time takes care of all issues in pinball.

If you overpay for any pinball in this hobby, you won't make your money back. If u over invest in any pinball with glam mods or restoration work that you pay someone else for you are likely to lose a little or break even. But if it's your Grail machine and u spend shitliads on it, you bought it to keep so profit won't be a priority. However, people always pay top dollar for beautifully restored machines and those machines become highly sought after. Nino being booked up for years is an example. You will always get your money back IMO on a machine from APR or El Timbo because they are the best of the best in the world. Finish is amazing.

Also, every machine I purchased over the last 7 years, if I was to sell now I would at LEAST double my money.

Many people buy a machine off Ebay one week for $1500 , clean the machine right up, re do bulbs n rubbers n quick paint of the legs etc, and then put it up for sale a week or two later at $2500, looking to get a quick $1,000 deposit.

If that's not a profit like trading in gold or diamonds I don't know what is.

Kiss machines, all models, Pro or Premium or LE or mystery 4 th release etc, will all rise in value, and be very profitable , the very second Stern stop making Kiss machines on the Stern line in a year or three,s time when the licence runs out.

Also, the people who are buying Kiss can hype themselves up or others as much as they want to. I say if people are hyped up , that's their choice. Life is about fun and who is to say anyone should be told not to enjoy their hype.
It's their party and their right to enjoy it.

Kiss pinball , like ACDC, will do wonders for this hobby and pinball industry.
There are a lot of people and Australian companies who have heavily invested in pinball and they are making a very comfortable living/profit out of it. I think the industry in Australia will only go one way, upwards.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2015, 03:14:11 PM »
 *%*

Have to respectfully disagree with a few points.
Anyone who purchased a ACDC LE who wanted to sell it today would make a profit easily.
The same will happen with Kiss LE. It may not happen overnight but like ACDC, it certainly was a profitable machine right at the start when people who wanted them n missed out and were prepared to pay more so original buyers of ACDC LE could easily make profit. Anyone selling a ACDE Back in Black LE or the LTBR LE can make a profit on resale right now. Some LE machines do rise in value strongly. Time takes care of all issues in pinball.

If you overpay for any pinball in this hobby, you won't make your money back. If u over invest in any pinball with glam mods or restoration work that you pay someone else for you are likely to lose a little or break even. But if it's your Grail machine and u spend shitliads on it, you bought it to keep so profit won't be a priority. However, people always pay top dollar for beautifully restored machines and those machines become highly sought after. Nino being booked up for years is an example. You will always get your money back IMO on a machine from APR or El Timbo because they are the best of the best in the world. Finish is amazing.

Also, every machine I purchased over the last 7 years, if I was to sell now I would at LEAST double my money.

Many people buy a machine off Ebay one week for $1500 , clean the machine right up, re do bulbs n rubbers n quick paint of the legs etc, and then put it up for sale a week or two later at $2500, looking to get a quick $1,000 deposit.

If that's not a profit like trading in gold or diamonds I don't know what is.

Kiss machines, all models, Pro or Premium or LE or mystery 4 th release etc, will all rise in value, and be very profitable , the very second Stern stop making Kiss machines on the Stern line in a year or three,s time when the licence runs out.

Also, the people who are buying Kiss can hype themselves up or others as much as they want to. I say if people are hyped up , that's their choice. Life is about fun and who is to say anyone should be told not to enjoy their hype.
It's their party and their right to enjoy it.

Kiss pinball , like ACDC, will do wonders for this hobby and pinball industry.
There are a lot of people and Australian companies who have heavily invested in pinball and they are making a very comfortable living/profit out of it. I think the industry in Australia will only go one way, upwards.

BS, that is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard. No Sterns sell at a profit 2nd hand with the possible exception of Tron LE from time to time when people are silly enough to pay the $$ asked by sellers.
ACDC does not sell for a profit today 2nd hand in either LE, Prem or Pro and nor should it.
Enough of the crazy talk.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:16:39 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"