Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 128022 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2015, 03:28:15 PM »
We will agree to disagree. I have witnessed many times the opposite to your opinion.
It's only a discussion, not an argument. Lol

Back to KISS.
Still waiting to see some great KISS topper ideas.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2015, 05:18:58 PM »
Have all the LE"s that have been allocated to Australia Sold out ?

Sold out Thursday morning. But there could be a "Stern backflip"..  #@#

No. They weren't sold out as of Thursday. Anyone who still wants one would want to get on the phone first thing Monday. Might just get one of the last few.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 05:22:44 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »
Have all the LE"s that have been allocated to Australia Sold out ?

Sold out Thursday morning. But there could be a "Stern backflip"..  #@#

No. They weren't sold out as of Thursday. Anyone who still wants one would want to get on the phone first thing Monday. Might just get one of the last few.

Yes they were. Was told directly by the distributor I purchased my LE from. Confirmed by Bruce Friday morning.

Another LE buyer could not buy a second game from AMD. Sold Out.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline silverball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2015, 10:46:33 PM »
Was told Friday morning at 8.30am that all were gone with a list of people on standby

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2015, 06:31:40 PM »
Does anyone think that the production number of KISS LE was amazingly "far too small" IF the LE numbers sold completely out in Australia (and probably EVERY country worldwide) in only a matter of days of the official announcement ?  !@#

I expected exactly that would probably happen but since this title was last created back in 1978, some 37 years ago, I think the financial board of Stern should have released double the LE numbers or triple the numbers, and they still would have SOLD.

I will give you an example, let's say you are a Stern collector, have multiple BNIB purchases under your belt, you are a KISS fan and you were looking forward to this pinball, given it was a rumour only (for a very long time that Stern would produce it) but only made official with NO warning at all, and then it was SOLD OUT before you could scratch Ya bum, some collectors are going to be pissed off (probably 600 happy LE buyers but probably equal that or more) people who feel they have missed out ! (I am not one cause I like the Pro models and sometimes the Premium etc).

QUESTION ?  !@#

Who wants to speculate that Stern might encounter a massive amount of pressure to do another Limited LE run to keep KISS Army or the band or Stern LE buyers who missed out, happy ?

OR

Will it just be tough luck and buy a Premium or a Pro ?

And then, how many people hold off buying the Prem or Pro hoping for another LE run or will it just not happen (and if it did, it would be a good 12 or 24 months down the track IF at all) ?

I was just thinking how happy Nino is that he scored a LE (but just for arguments sake) imagine IF u missed out on the LE you have been waiting 37 years for since 1978, how pissed would you be as a huge Kiss fan and pinball fan....

Is making more LE models of Kiss a good thing or a bad thing given a lot of people missed out and the window of opportunity opened and closed within only a few days......

Either way, been looking at the photos again, I like the cabinet art heaps but am unsure yet of the translite/backglass art. Seems very close to the 1978 machine (good or bad thing ?) ....Won't stop me buying, but makes me want to see the machine in person even more. I think the Stern guys worldwide are going to have worn out carpet from so many people going in to see these models in person).

What are other forums saying about the LE numbers being so small and about those who missed out ? (I don't read the other forums, I like the layout of this forum SO much better).
News on the Pinny seems to have slowed right down on here ? !@#
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:36:48 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2015, 06:46:21 PM »
I was definitely shocked at the low numbers, especially for this title as you said, Cavey.

Stern have always looked after their LE customers and an LE is always limited. No re-runs on an LE after the final number has been set....the only catch with this one is that Stern didn't actually give a number (from what I have read?) on the actual limit to LEs in these early days of the KISS announcement. I wouldn't be surprised if they did release another batch, but we'll see.

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2015, 06:48:35 PM »
I have LE No.13 ordered and confirmed.

Honestly I am waiting for the next Stern announcement that there will be another run/LE type (GS/PS) edition etc. Would not be surprised at all. I suppose time will tell.

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2015, 07:06:39 PM »
I was originally thinking there would be more LE's compared to previous Stern releases.

1000 was my guess, for no other reason than it has a nice ring to it and it is a long awaited popular theme for many.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2015, 08:03:28 PM »
The only possibility that will allow stern to increase their LE numbers, is if the 600 LEs have never been officially stated anywhere.  If its just word of mouth, as it seems, then i'd say it would extend to 1000.

If the numbers aren't extended, its probably not to bad for KISS fans.  People who are KISS fans, but not pinball fans, would likely be happy with a Pro or Premium.  I'd say only those who are KISS and pinball fans would be disappointed in missing out on a LE.  Premium is a good second best, especially if it save the non pinball fans $A1.5k.

News would have gone quite as its been the USA weekend - nobody at work at stern.  I'd say a video of the gameplay will come out late this week.  After the complaints about the WNBJM 'handheld mobile phone' video released by Stern, I'd say the KISS one will be done professionally.  There will be a lot of KISS fans looking at it, that are not pinball fans.  It will need to not 'loose' them.

PS
The only disappointing thing about the KISS quick release is that it would have killed off purchases of WWE Wrestlemania.  I don't believe there are any WWEs in the wild in my home town of Melbourne, and I expect that I'll never get to play one.  I was looking forward to trying out the ring.  I thought that would be a game that would have done well on location with non pinball fans.  KISS will do even better on location (and at home!).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:08:12 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2015, 08:14:29 PM »
The only possibility that will allow stern to increase their LE numbers, is if the 600 LEs have never been officially stated anywhere.  If its just word of mouth, as it seems, then i'd say it would extend to 1000.

If the numbers aren't extended, its probably not to bad for KISS fans.  People who are KISS fans, but not pinball fans, would likely be happy with a Pro or Premium.  I'd say only those who are KISS and pinball fans would be disappointed in missing out on a LE.  Premium is a good second best, especially if it save the non pinball fans $A1.5k.

News would have gone quite as its been the USA weekend - nobody at work at stern.  I'd say a video of the gameplay will come out late this week.  After the complaints about the WNBJM 'handheld mobile phone' video released by Stern, I'd say the KISS one will be done professionally.  There will be a lot of KISS fans looking at it, that are not pinball fans.  It will need to not 'loose' them.

PS
The only disappointing thing about the KISS quick release is that it would have killed off purchases of WWE Wrestlemania.  I don't believe there are any WWEs in the wild in my home town of Melbourne, and I expect that I'll never get to play one.  I was looking forward to trying out the ring.  I thought that would be a game that would have done well on location with non pinball fans.  KISS will do even better on location (and at home!).

I guess the whole thing with an LE is the fact that its 'limited'.
Well done to those who purchased early!

Like with ACDC, I reckon Stern will most likely release some form of premium+ model.  Perhaps a little later with bugs ironed out and no doubt some feedback from collectors.
I'm imagine most if not all the LE's and premiums will be going into homes.  Its hard to tell from the photos thus far whether the LE was designed first, then the PRO or vice versa.
I hope for the collectors it was initially designed around the LE/Premium. 

Probably a good time to pick up a deal on a Mustang or Wrestlemania if you were keen!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2015, 09:35:28 PM »
This time around Stern stated there will be a premium model right from the get go unlike TWD where they only bought in the premium after watching LE sales so I'd say 600 LE's might be it. I was surprised there wasn't more LE's even Star Trek had 799 LE's.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2015, 09:43:39 PM »

...I'd say 600 LE's might be it. I was surprised there wasn't more LE's even Star Trek had 799 LE's.

Um?  Perhaps Stern are thinking that it would create a lot of attention in the media if they could claim to have sold out all LEs in a week.  The extra attention would boost sales of the Premium.

Offline jukeola

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2015, 09:48:36 PM »
ac/dc only had 500 LE’s - in all my years of collecting LE’s i’ve never seen stern up the number
1000 or in jjp case 3000 LE’s is not a LE but more like a joke

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2015, 09:52:35 PM »
ac/dc only had 500 LE’s - in all my years of collecting LE’s i’ve never seen stern up the number

3000 LE's that is a massive joke lol 600-700 sounds about right hey :)

Offline jukeola

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2015, 10:26:13 PM »

3000 LE's that is a massive joke lol 600-700 sounds about right hey :)

600/700 in not bad , my idea of a true LE
stones only 350
tron only 400
AC/DC 200 of ltbr and 300 bib
transformers 125 of each autobot and deception

600 for kiss is pretty good...