Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 128028 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2015, 10:57:02 PM »
Some excellent posts from all members. Great when everyone joins in.

One thing I wanted to pass on. I have always been told by Stern USA from both Steve R and Johnny Borg that they do design the Pro as the base model first. They set the foundations for a great game and lock that in. After the games overall flow and shot map is excellent, they then increase or add features to a second white wood to make the Premium/LE game after modifying some ramps or ball paths and add some features etc.

It's not design the LE and then take stuff away I have been told repeatedly by Stern. It's like a car, u build a great base model, then work on adding stuff to get the Sport or Luxury version.

It was described to me as building a three tier/level building. We build the base storey first on very solid foundations then we then build up. It's the only way to properly add or move things slightly, cause even the LE model retains 90 percent of the Pro Playfield and its features.

This is why the Pro model is always so good, cause it's a great player. The Prem or LE gets an extra 10 to 20 percent of new or modified features plus the eye candy stuff.

The Pro is programmed to be wild n fast n to suck down coins with shorter ball times (more challenging) wheteas the Prem or LE get a slight mellowing only sometimes but are programmed for longer ball times for home usage.
I buy the Pro cause it's always raw n fast and hard and bloody fun. Either model u will be happy with these days.

I reckon more LE models are to come . Maybe another 300 or 600 on top of the apparent 600 LE already sold.

It makes sense for Stern and for the buyers. The market with Kiss is massive so having it a 900 or 1200 total after increase would be wise.

Regarding WWE Pin, I don't think any hardcore Wrestling fans are going to like Kiss more than wrestling cause people who like Wrestling are fanatical fans like VIC people are about AFL .

Same goes with Fast n Furious Pinball when/if released by Steve Ritchie, hardcore car fans will chose cars of wrestling or Kiss probably. Most people are fanatical about one sport or passion. Only some of us are crazy enough to love cars, pinball, bands, Star Trek and ten other things all at once.

With Sterns new factory, more pinball lines will mean more shorter or longer runs, more Vault editions, and more scope to run titles longer so you don't miss out of say u wanted a TWDead Pinny then wanted the Kiss title straight after it.
Longer production runs will be better for all if it gives more choice and more options to purchase the title you really want without short production time killing it.

Go Stern. Even Nino is hyped up and ready for that Stern factory tour and to meet the designers n shake Gary Sterns hand. We might even drag Gav along n make it a Party ! Lol  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2015, 03:38:11 PM »
As stated on another forum not by me all LE's are sold out and Bruce is trying to secure another 19

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2015, 04:28:34 PM »
As stated on another forum not by me all LE's are sold out and Bruce is trying to secure another 19

As of last Thursday (our time), they were hoping for more. I'm told the nod must come from KISS themselves (should have happened over the weekend) - which will happen as it is more $ for Mr Simmons and Stanley.

It is not just Aussie distributors asking for more LEs  #@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re:
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2015, 04:36:20 PM »
At what point are LEs no longer LEs? Could a Premium possibly be rarer than a LE?
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2015, 04:47:12 PM »
At what point are LEs no longer LEs? Could a Premium possibly be rarer than a LE?

Under 100 in Australia and 600-700 worldwide still an LE to me :) although JJP had 3000 LE's didn't he lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2015, 04:49:44 PM »
Yes titles like ACDC Luci and TWDead Premium are very low in numbers and will be highly keepable and sought after by those want one but didn't get in before production stopped or will stop with TWDead Prem.

So many cool choices we are spoilt. Go Stern.

I am starting to feel for JJP and team. They can't catch a break and are being steam rolled by the Stern train.
Just hope Jack doesn't lose $ for all his huge efforts.
He now needs a killer title to get much much more orders.
JJP should have got Star Wars or Fast n Furious or something like Alien.

Jack is very conservative but. Spitting blood and fire etc, would Gene Simmons make it to the JJP Sunday family lunch....

Every company now needs to go balls n all out to win our $.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2015, 07:46:33 PM »
KISS LE Numbers
As of last Thursday (our time), they were hoping for more. I'm told the nod must come from KISS themselves (should have happened over the weekend) - which will happen as it is more $ for Mr Simmons and Stanley.

It is not just Aussie distributors asking for more LEs  #@#

The money KISS make from this is a drop in the ocean for them.  Their motivation to 'allow Stern to officialy announce the number of LEs' to be greater than 600 would not be about money.  The motivation would be that they would be allowing the LE numbers to confirm their huge popularity.  Who wouldn't want to say: "Normal LEs are numbered at about 500 or less, but for us the demand was so high that we had 1,000 LEs".

JJP
I am starting to feel for JJP and team. They can't catch a break and are being steam rolled by the Stern train.
Just hope Jack doesn't lose $ for all his huge efforts.
He now needs a killer title to get much much more orders.
JJP should have got Star Wars or Fast n Furious or something like Alien.

Jack is very conservative but. Spitting blood and fire etc, would Gene Simmons make it to the JJP Sunday family lunch....

Every company now needs to go balls n all out to win our $.

No pity there.  During the lead up to WOZ, I heard many seminars and interviews.  So much rubbish was coming out of JJP.  I had only just got into pinball then.  Its where I started loose respect for JJP, and started liking Gary Stern's professionalism.  Most of the new budding new manufactures have been good in focusing on themselves and not sledging others, but Stern did really well to not get drawn into the JJP sledging that was direct at Stern.

I find it ironic that JJP say they would not drop their standards and do something like TWD as its not family friendly.  Laughable after years of sledging other companies.  JJP had to find out the hard way that  "building pinball is not easy" Nate Shivers.

Go KISS and Go Thunderbirds!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:48:04 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2015, 10:13:13 PM »
To be blunt, any company who puts its weight behind a pin based around a girl who clicks her heels & has some whacky friends deserves to be under pressure. I'm sorry but it's just f'n stupid.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2015, 10:26:53 PM »
 @.@
speaking of whacky friends, see posts above
  !@#
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2015, 10:26:58 PM »
To be blunt, any company who puts its weight behind a pin based around a girl who clicks her heels & has some whacky friends deserves to be under pressure. I'm sorry but it's just f'n stupid.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2015, 04:48:55 AM »
Re JJP
They fail because it is on game every two and a half years

Re KISS Le's
I doubt that a numbered plaque will make the gameany more ffun tto play
Kiss fans can still buy the premium modle and still rockj out to their favorite music

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2015, 02:39:38 AM »
Update about Kiss Pinball

"Today, and suddenly, nothing new happened" lol

Maybe tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow.......more new news tomorrow !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2015, 10:00:57 AM »
final art for Pro Translite

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2015, 11:09:36 AM »
Nice work. Gene & Paul have done a good job of minimising Ace  *%*
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »
Bruce at AMD secured another 19 LE's and there's only two left.