Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 128040 times)

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2015, 07:43:43 AM »
Plus that US retail price would include their sales tax etc. which would unlikely be on exports as is the case with our g.s.t..

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2015, 07:55:53 AM »
there was another thread in March about price back in March
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=13571.15

and the dollar has improved fractionally,just look at the WNBJM Stern dropped the price MRRP by $1000 as it copped a bit of heat so there is room to move. Dealers get the machines at a much better price than the MRRP.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #182 on: May 15, 2015, 08:37:24 AM »
Interesting post from Pinside:

"Dear Ladies & GentlemenThe logo used on KISS products sold in Germany is slightly modified from the logo used in the rest of the world. The S’s are different. Our German distributor KMS and its customers should be familiar with the different KISS logo. Use of the modified logo is required by KISS and, KISS tells us, by German law. The 1979 Bally KISS pinball used the modified KISS logo on German games.We will comply with KISS’s requirement. The Pro, Premium and Limited Edition KISS games we sell to Germany will have the German version KISS logo. We will sell those games to KMS. To avoid confusion, we will not include German games as part of the 600 KISS LE games we are making. We will make 60 German KISS LE, having its own series of numbers."
For your information : the "ss" as normally used by Kiss was used by the Nazis and its striktly forbidden in Germany nowadays.
The older Bally Kiss Backglasses were also different, but this time it seems the artwork on the playfield also . ( the only reason i could think of why there are 60 extra LEs )

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #183 on: May 15, 2015, 08:56:34 AM »
and the dollar has improved fractionally,just look at the WNBJM Stern dropped the price MRRP by $1000 as it copped a bit of heat so there is room to move. Dealers get the machines at a much better price than the MRRP.

Swinksy, the STERN website still says $6499 MRRP, where is this info from mate as I would REALLY like to know.  *%*
For obvious reasons!
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #184 on: May 15, 2015, 09:08:39 AM »

Swinksy, the STERN website still says $6499 MRRP, where is this info from mate as I would REALLY like to know.  *%*
For obvious reasons!

it was mentioned on one of the podcasts and on pinside

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #185 on: May 15, 2015, 09:24:39 AM »
If you can find a current Pro at $5500 USA given our 80 cents trading figure compared to the USA $.

5500 adds 1100 with dollar difference is now $6600 Aust

Now add 10 percent gst to Aust is $6600 plus $660 is $7240 Aust

Then add import duties n customs to Australia and u are going to get high 7,s to just under 8 grand Aussie for a BNIB Pro.
Sounds roughly right using some quick calculations in my head.

Negotiate delivery n shaker and u are a happy camper.

5k 2nd hand on the pro no problems.
8k for a NIB pro is highway robbery or in this case stern/ amd robbery.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2015, 10:59:59 AM »
The extra LEs for Australia were existing games from Stern. These were quickly snapped up by eager buyers in the "standby queue".

Whispers are now getting louder. I was told they want to increase the KISS LE to at least 700 unit and possibly 1000 units. That could translate to even more LEs to Australia. There's also a push for orange trim on the LE. I'd much prefer it our the red, but it is something I can do later on.

I always thought this would be the case & I think it is unethical & misleading. Part of buying an LE is exactly that - it's limited. If Stern wanted to look after it's customers it would state the LE figure up front - capped, done & dusted. Each & every additional LE eats into the future value of the LEs already purchased. The orange trim is welcome - while stunning in many respects the overlll colour design is not what it could be on the LE - either the cab art needs more red or the trim needs to be orange. And the backbox needs to be tied in better - colour trim on this would work a treat.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #187 on: May 15, 2015, 11:27:46 AM »
If you can find a currency Pro at $5500 USA given our 80 cents trading figure compared to the USA $.

Then add import duties n customs to Australia and u are going to get high 7,s to just under 8 grand Aussie for a BNIB Pro.

So, dealers pay the retail price?

Here's one roughly calculated alternative: Dealer cost US $3,250. Add shipping US $350 = US $3,600. Add customs & GST = US $4,140.  In $Aud terms this is $5,175 into the country.  Sell Price $7,950 (incl. additional GST approx $200). In this one example markup exceeds $2,600 from which the distrib. then needs to deduct local expenses to determine profit.

I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #188 on: May 15, 2015, 04:36:25 PM »
If you can find a currency Pro at $5500 USA given our 80 cents trading figure compared to the USA $.

So, dealers pay the retail price?

No. It's a retail to end consumer comparison using the $5500 USA buy price to the Aus consumer retail price.
Nothing to do with profit. Just end user buy prices.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2015, 09:24:16 PM »

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2015, 12:52:03 AM »

Cripes that's ugly - surely even for the fans??? Reminds me of Luna Park for some reason.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2015, 01:18:41 AM »
I will ask a local freight forwarder I know, just for the exercise, what exactly would be involved today with all the red tape. Still won't stop me from buying from AMD in Sydney, but might be worth sharing with others who wonder what the 2015 red tape and costs $ are these days.

Airfreight and Seafreight options have to be explored at the same time.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2015, 06:51:59 AM »

Cripes that's ugly - surely even for the fans??? Reminds me of Luna Park for some reason.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2015, 07:25:05 AM »
we should see a difference in the Stern's Facebook as a Pinsider that likes to go to pin shows and report on them is now working for Stern and in charge of the facebook page - hopefully encourages pin chat better than just a pure advertising approach as Jared is a pinhead.

Video in the next week, also Jared is the one who mocked up the burnt orange trim for the LE so maybe a change or option for LE owners.

click image to see it bigger

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:36:03 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2015, 09:40:05 AM »