Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 128029 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re:
« Reply #510 on: June 14, 2015, 01:04:12 PM »
Do a search on pinside for pinball browser.  There is a good tutorial there and it is pretty straight forward to change songs or sounds. Changing animations is a bit more complex though.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #511 on: June 14, 2015, 10:23:58 PM »
I managed to play one of the two new Kiss pinballs at TZ over the weekend.

Cabinet and pf artwork is just amazing, I found the demon multi ball very difficult to get. I had approx 20 games, and only got the multi ball once in 20 games !. The right target to lock a ball for multi ball is also very tight and difficult to shoot at. Its a very fast following game and when playing you tend to make more shots with the left flipper than the right.

Overall I did enjoy this game, however I think Stern need to make the multi ball easier to get. The pro would definitely make a great tournament game. I'm looking forward to playing this game some more as the code develops.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #512 on: June 14, 2015, 10:31:36 PM »
I'm so "counting down the days". I don't even know how many days. I'm just counting them down..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #513 on: June 14, 2015, 11:01:44 PM »
" 2000 man "
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #514 on: June 15, 2015, 05:58:57 PM »

Cabinet and pf artwork is just amazing, I found the demon multi ball very difficult to get. I had approx 20 games, and only got the multi ball once in 20 games !. The right target to lock a ball for multi ball is also very tight and difficult to shoot at. Its a very fast following game and when playing you tend to make more shots with the left flipper than the right.

Overall I did enjoy this game, however I think Stern need to make the multi ball easier to get. The pro would definitely make a great tournament game. I'm looking forward to playing this game some more as the code develops.

The operator has probably set the adjustments in the menu settings to hardest for multiball to save Playfield wear on high use games. The games at TimeZone Surfers are probably the most used n abused games on the planet.
Glad you had some fun games Leon. Hello to wife n kids mate !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #515 on: June 15, 2015, 06:10:01 PM »
I'm so "counting down the days". I don't even know how many days. I'm just counting them down..

Nino, If you start having nightmares involving a certain KISS LE and it is born with Frankenstein dimples all over it, call
1800 Eradicate Dimples Now Hotline. Stern staff are standing by with electric paddles and possibly a spare playfield.
There is a cure.
Tim has created a vaccine called thick clearcoat.

You will be OK. Don't allow nightmares to ruin your countdown sleeps.

Place the montage of photos of Gary Stern all over your bedroom roof and count backwards from 1000.
You will be fine in the morning.

Here is the photo montage to start counting anti clockwise with til you fall asleep.
Your KISS LE will be perfect !

And before anyone asks, I am a registered Doctor, my licence arrived in the corn flakes packet this morning and I do wear Gary Stern silk pyjamas most days to the office.
And yes, my Gary montage is already on my roof. Lol

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:15:55 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #516 on: June 15, 2015, 07:31:32 PM »

Nino, If you start having nightmares involving a certain KISS LE and it is born with Frankenstein dimples all over it, call
1800 Eradicate Dimples Now Hotline. Stern staff are standing by with electric paddles and possibly a spare playfield.
There is a cure.
Tim has created a vaccine called thick clearcoat.

You will be OK. Don't allow nightmares to ruin your countdown sleeps.

Place the montage of photos of Gary Stern all over your bedroom roof and count backwards from 1000.
You will be fine in the morning.

Here is the photo montage to start counting anti clockwise with til you fall asleep.
Your KISS LE will be perfect !

And before anyone asks, I am a registered Doctor, my licence arrived in the corn flakes packet this morning and I do wear Gary Stern silk pyjamas most days to the office.
And yes, my Gary montage is already on my roof. Lol

I'm thrilled Stern are doing a KISS machine. I fully understand that the game is a commercial device designed to attract customers to create income for operators. Now the focus is on the home market, and most astute collectors and hobbyists that I know are in two groups. Those that PLAY the game are are then for the fun factor. There are also those that simply want the best possible machine. i can see where the clearcoat dramas simply won't bother the first group, but the perfectionists amongst us want the best. I'm aware that in my case - I will want to buy a second playfield and have HRP re clear it for me. I have no issue with that - I'll pay the extra $.. But eventually, there will be enough people that will contact Stern and demand better. I can see a day where Stern will have to offer a better clearcoat. That's my only "fear" - that the clear won't hold up. I've already "assisted" two BIG KISS fans to buy a Premium - but in doing so - they ask about my purchase and question "why are you buying a second playfield ?" - NOT a good "sales pitch". Something Stern will have to tackle at some stage. When we look at HRP's cost to reclear - you would think the line manager in the clearcoat area could easily change the clearcoat process from " a quick mist coat and light coat" to - "a quick coat, light coat and two SOLID coats" - How easy would that be ? An extra 5 minutes ?

The cover band version of the music - hate it. Was not even a USA release. Japan only - a friend of mine paid $95 when it came out. I took a punt - I should be able to change the songs to the original versions - which will make the game playing experience better for me - and 95% of KISS fans that play the game. The two Premium buyers have already asked me to upgrade their sound package to the original versions. Hopefully Stern listen and make it easy for us, as the FIRST two questions always are - does the artwork have the original line up ? Is the music the original recordings, and can I add my own songs..

I'm thrilled (as if you can't tell). I'm buying mine to play and enjoy. I seriously can't wait to unbox and have the boys around for a game.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #517 on: June 16, 2015, 12:49:42 AM »

[/quote]
I'm thrilled (as if you can't tell). I'm buying mine to play and enjoy. I seriously can't wait to unbox and have the boys around for a game.
[/quote]
Thats the way, share the STOKE! Its better when you share.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #518 on: June 16, 2015, 08:10:17 AM »

The operator has probably set the adjustments in the menu settings to hardest for multiball to save Playfield wear on high use games. The games at TimeZone Surfers are probably the most used n abused games on the planet.
Glad you had some fun games Leon. Hello to wife n kids mate !

Machine should be fit for commercial use . Restricting the game to prevent wear suggests it isnt

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #519 on: June 17, 2015, 05:10:26 AM »
KISS, great band, great pinball machine!!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #520 on: June 17, 2015, 08:43:28 AM »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #521 on: June 17, 2015, 09:24:34 AM »
Quit wingeing.. it is on track. Many of us on here trying to keep the threads real and factual

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #522 on: June 17, 2015, 10:09:42 AM »
Kiss LE's shipping the week of the 29 June.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #523 on: June 17, 2015, 10:25:10 AM »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #524 on: June 17, 2015, 10:44:29 AM »
It's all good news Pete (Gorgar).  ^^^

Topper will be great and glad shipping dates have been released.