Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 128021 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #705 on: February 02, 2016, 09:34:22 PM »
The Cargument again......... :lol
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #706 on: February 02, 2016, 09:54:39 PM »
I am happy cause I have heard the word Stern said 100 times in the last 20 posts. Lol

Pinball machines are just like any series 1 release of any new car.
They are sent out, tested & examined, the feedback is given to the factory and the physical & software updates are made and the car is changed accordingly.
That's why there are Series 2 & series 3 releases on all products.
At least with Stern, when the code update is made, everyone has the same machine. Identical.

But with cars, the series 1 buyers never get the physical changes & updates the series 2 buyer gets.
That would piss me off a lot more, hence I never buy series1 anything.
The car companies never get it right or perfect on product release & they have billions, so how do people think a reviving Stern can ever get it right in a market climbing out of oblivion !
I am just happy we still have a pinball industry manufacturing industry that is still alive & improving everyday.

No one ever said the products were perfect but they are trying.

One point I do want to make Nino is that you have a few year wait on machines in your APR business apparently & you have always said "people will wait" so I sometimes scratch my head when u say you are pissed u have had to wait 6 months for Stern to complete a pinball with code ! !

In this industry, none of us can have our cake & eat it too.

Anyway, it is what it is.
Perfection takes time, and it won't happen overnight but it will happen.

Well said mate :)

Great to see AP running hot thx Stern-although half these posts I can't read lol
%.%
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #707 on: February 02, 2016, 11:26:27 PM »
Being patient with anything & everything in life when most of us are 40 years or over is

Either

1. f**king hard

Or

2. Bloody easy

I understand when it comes to anything pinball, I am cruisey & probably easy to deal with cause it's my fun hobby & I just love pinball cause it's been the best 7 years of my life.

Having said that, other things in life totally shit me to tears within 5 seconds & I have no tolerance or patience on whatsoever, so if some people are not as patient as I am with anything pinball that pisses them off, then Fair Enough.

We all have different levels of expectations.

But I digress, I am a Stern fanboy & they can do little wrong in my eyes. Lol  <..>

My belief system is guided by my 6 year old son when he plays the pinballs cause he doesn't care about politics or code or whatever, I just see his face playing the machines & that's what consumes me.

I am hoping the KISS code is done ASAP so everyone is made happy.
It can't be too long away.
Also, anyone not happy with their Kiss LE is welcome to sell it to me ! Lol
Don't forget, if u are really unhappy with it in its current state, you shouldn't mind selling it to me cheap since it's not so great. Lol  <.>

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:28:19 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #708 on: February 11, 2016, 10:10:24 AM »
Taken from Pinside and I gotta agree :)

"As far as Stern code, I've come to terms with their system. It was really easy to blast them for taking a year or more on most titles, cause, after all...Uncle Willy almost NEVER released unfinished games.
But then you think about it...even an early code Stern is usually as deep as any of those Williams games. Even something like KISS as it is now. So I'll cut them some slack...games like Metallica and Walking Dead are just average releases until the code gets updated. They are working real miracles with the code and it takes time"

"The more I play Kiss, the more I enjoy it. The code can absolutely improve, but Jesus Christ, the game has 4 multiballs, a wizard mode, hurry-ups, super scoring, etc. Combined with some difficult shots, it's still a ton of fun. Kiss plays kind of like a jacked SS game, but I think we've come to expect more with modern games. Kiss isn't abandoned or forgotten... It's just taking longer than anticipated for a killer update"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #709 on: February 11, 2016, 01:45:41 PM »
Taken from Pinside and I gotta agree :)

"As far as Stern code, I've come to terms with their system. It was really easy to blast them for taking a year or more on most titles, cause, after all...Uncle Willy almost NEVER released unfinished games.
But then you think about it...even an early code Stern is usually as deep as any of those Williams games. Even something like KISS as it is now. So I'll cut them some slack...games like Metallica and Walking Dead are just average releases until the code gets updated. They are working real miracles with the code and it takes time"

"The more I play Kiss, the more I enjoy it. The code can absolutely improve, but Jesus Christ, the game has 4 multiballs, a wizard mode, hurry-ups, super scoring, etc. Combined with some difficult shots, it's still a ton of fun. Kiss plays kind of like a jacked SS game, but I think we've come to expect more with modern games. Kiss isn't abandoned or forgotten... It's just taking longer than anticipated for a killer update"

Sarcasm ?

Williams finished the code all games except Cactus Canyon. DE, Sega, Gottlieb, Bally etc etc.. all shipped with finished code. The "unfinished code" is unique to Stern. JJP and Heighway ship completed code. Maybe enhancements are introduced later, but Stern are increasingly under pressure to release mature code AT LEAST.

I Love my KISS LE - but it is now unplayable. Multiball - yea the kids can get that easily. Multipliers, colossal bonus, cities, inlanes, some flashers, stuttering music - it is plagued with issues that have cost Stern sales and reputation. Each game they release gets worse. Hire more people, give the coders more freedom. As I explain to prospective buyers - Stern completes a game to the point is it AWESOME to look at and has an AWESOME attract mode. Just don't play it for 12 months while they finish the game.

Stern are lazy - because people (like me) buy games off the pictures / media releases. Operators are pulling KISS offsite as they are not making money any more due to code problems. HELLO STERN - do you listen to operators anymore ? The KISS removed from sites are being replaced with retro games. They USD TO BE replaced with the next model but operators are not investing in GoT = too expensive !

At each release you can be sure of two things ;

1 - Code is more and more basic
2 - Price increases from Stern

We have all seen how AWESOME the Ghostbusters art package and playfield innovation is. Hand drawn is hopefully the norm. The will sell on bells and whistles only - no one will know if anything works properly until it ships. Why do we keep paying for these games ? We should pay 50% now and the balance once Stern finish the game ?

My situation is typical. My wife even notices I don't play the game. It has not been played since Christmas. How does anyone justify spending $11,500 on a game that looks AWESOME, but is not finished ?

Again, this is NOT a Stern bashing post, so put away the gloves and propaganda. This needs to be fixed with our wallets until Stern provide completed games.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #710 on: February 11, 2016, 03:59:36 PM »
Did u write Gary Stern a letter about the code ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #711 on: February 11, 2016, 07:39:37 PM »

No. I spoke to Gary late last year and followed up with emails. None were replied.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #712 on: February 11, 2016, 08:37:31 PM »

No. I spoke to Gary late last year and followed up with emails. None were replied.

That was a cool story you told me at Michaels the other night Nino :) hi it's Gary Stern :) awesome.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #713 on: February 11, 2016, 08:40:00 PM »
A guy on Pinside posted a code with a few new songs for the pro I'll give it a go :) updated soooo much better

V1.05 (Pro)
Game version -- Custom Version
Love It Loud -- Love It Loud (original recording)
Lick It Up -- Lick It Up (original recording)
Deuce -- No change
Calling Dr Love -- Heaven's On Fire
Black Diamond -- God of Thunder
Hotter Than Hell -- Christine Sixteen
Shout It Out Loud -- C'Mon And Love Me
Love Gun -- Love Gun (original recording)
Rock N Roll All Nite -- No change
Detroit Rock City -- No change
Please enjoy the code for personal use (not for profit). Have fun!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxm0slgcheswfjv/KISS-1_05_new.spk?dl=0

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #714 on: February 11, 2016, 10:56:27 PM »
dunno about code updates but I think I regret not buying this game.; but LE version only. Maybe in 10 years time  #@#

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #715 on: February 12, 2016, 09:14:44 AM »
Brilliant song selection. The game will sound much better with original recordings. Shame it is not available for the LE.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #716 on: February 12, 2016, 11:19:44 AM »
Brilliant song selection. The game will sound much better with original recordings. Shame it is not available for the LE.

Mate the sound is 100% better I'm amazed. Someone will do the LE and when they post it I'll let you know on AP.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #717 on: February 12, 2016, 11:26:03 AM »

Mate the sound is 100% better I'm amazed. Someone will do the LE and when they post it I'll let you know on AP.

Awesome - I hope that the LE has a similar update.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #718 on: February 14, 2016, 05:57:33 PM »
If you wanna waste 7 min of your life look at my video :) my Daughter bought a GoPro hero 4 so thought I'd film kiss lol remember watch in HD
http://youtu.be/QAGjj1M4Ko4

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #719 on: February 14, 2016, 06:41:23 PM »
Thanks Peter for the video