Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 128020 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #750 on: February 18, 2016, 02:22:14 PM »
it can't come quick enough so we don't have to read the same complaints everyday. Lol

It is funny and it is not.

It's funny that a company can produce defective machines straight off the line, and it is not funny when they keep making commitments to address these issues and at the same time flip over expensive and redundant extras for the title in question. This IS affecting sales and the companies' reputation.

It is funny when visitors look at the machine in all it's glory. Switched off and played only once this year. It is not funny when I could have used the $ to buy 3 or 4 other used games.

It is funny that people ACCEPT this way that Stern sells new games. It is not funny when the fact is that the games' warranty period has effectively not started because the games are not completed.

I definitely see the funny side of it, and I know that I would never recommend a Stern to any prospective NIB buyer, which is not funny.

it can't come quick enough so we don't have to read the same complaints everyday. Lol

Hopefully it's not far off :) code at the moment isn't horrible :) how many kiss owners have got to the wizard mode?  Be patient look at Metallica & TWD both long waits now both classics. We all know that's how Stern do it right or wrong we knew before we parted with our hard on cash. I would rather smaller more frequent updates like acdc but it is what it is.

Can't get to Wizard mode on the LE as the code is not complete and when I did start Wizard Mode last time it was already in the middle of a multiball, and the game effectively locked up and all the balls drained.

I did know that games shipped with basic code, and TWD LE had a code update before it was unboxed, and another quick code update. But the game WORKED FINE. There's a huge difference between providing a reasonable base code so the game can be played. KISS LE does not. We have been told BEFORE we unboxed that SOME games will have sound cutting out and modes crashing the game. This is a DEFECTIVE game - But we were told to hang on and wait for the code update to fix the defective code that causes the issues. That was in OCTOBER.

In my view, my warranty period has not started yet, as it was shipped with factory defects that we are told - will be fixed at the next code update. That's five months, and that's unacceptable.

Before the car analogies start - It is like I just bought a Ferrari, and I can't drive it until they send me the steering wheel. I can sit in the driver's seat and pretend it works. Just like Wizard Mode on the KISS LE. Both the Ferrari and KISS LE just sit in the gamesroom / garage and wait..

The fact that pinheads accept this is the "Stern way of making pinballs" - Fine. Accept it. But I would never look at buying another new Stern until they finish the games just like every other manufacturer has done and will do - except Stern.

It is not good enough. Not in this day and age. Yes - I am considering moving my LE on as it is unplayable.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #751 on: February 18, 2016, 02:26:44 PM »

Hopefully it's not far off :) code at the moment isn't horrible :) how many kiss owners have got to the wizard mode?  Be patient look at Metallica & TWD both long waits now both classics. We all know that's how Stern do it right or wrong we knew before we parted with our hard on cash. I would rather smaller more frequent updates like acdc but it is what it is.

"Hard on cash"!

If only I had a dollar for everyone!

Lol thx for explaining the joke @delarge

Ok now where is the KISS code :)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #752 on: February 18, 2016, 02:28:43 PM »
Sounds like spin to me... promise one thing and when you fail to deliver, dangle a bigger carrot.

Or a dog biscuit.  %.%

Seriously, once the code does eventually drop so that the machine comes close to representing what was actually claimed in the original sales brochure, no doubt this will all be forgotten about and Stern can begin gearing up to rinse and repeat loyal customers for the next Stern machine in the "life cycle".  #@#

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=13651.0

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #753 on: February 18, 2016, 02:35:15 PM »

It's funny that a company can produce defective machines straight off the line, and it is not funny when they keep making commitments to address these issues and at the same time flip over expensive and redundant extras for the title in question. This IS affecting sales and the companies' reputation.

It is funny when visitors look at the machine in all it's glory. Switched off and played only once this year. It is not funny when I could have used the $ to buy 3 or 4 other used games.

It is funny that people ACCEPT this way that Stern sells new games. It is not funny when the fact is that the games' warranty period has effectively not started because the games are not completed.

I definitely see the funny side of it, and I know that I would never recommend a Stern to any prospective NIB buyer, which is not funny.

Hopefully it's not far off :) code at the moment isn't horrible :) how many kiss owners have got to the wizard mode?  Be patient look at Metallica & TWD both long waits now both classics. We all know that's how Stern do it right or wrong we knew before we parted with our hard on cash. I would rather smaller more frequent updates like acdc but it is what it is.

Can't get to Wizard mode on the LE as the code is not complete and when I did start Wizard Mode last time it was already in the middle of a multiball, and the game effectively locked up and all the balls drained.

I did know that games shipped with basic code, and TWD LE had a code update before it was unboxed, and another quick code update. But the game WORKED FINE. There's a huge difference between providing a reasonable base code so the game can be played. KISS LE does not. We have been told BEFORE we unboxed that SOME games will have sound cutting out and modes crashing the game. This is a DEFECTIVE game - But we were told to hang on and wait for the code update to fix the defective code that causes the issues. That was in OCTOBER.

In my view, my warranty period has not started yet, as it was shipped with factory defects that we are told - will be fixed at the next code update. That's five months, and that's unacceptable.

Before the car analogies start - It is like I just bought a Ferrari, and I can't drive it until they send me the steering wheel. I can sit in the driver's seat and pretend it works. Just like Wizard Mode on the KISS LE. Both the Ferrari and KISS LE just sit in the gamesroom / garage and wait..

The fact that pinheads accept this is the "Stern way of making pinballs" - Fine. Accept it. But I would never look at buying another new Stern until they finish the games just like every other manufacturer has done and will do - except Stern.

It is not good enough. Not in this day and age. Yes - I am considering moving my LE on as it is unplayable.

I've never got to the wizard mode either lol I'm not that good :) not good if it locks up.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #754 on: February 18, 2016, 02:40:12 PM »

Wait for the belated code update, then be an astute early adopter buyer and flip it.  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #755 on: February 18, 2016, 03:58:29 PM »
I have never prayed in my life, but I pray that Stern gets the Kiss code done yesterday.
I might even visit a Priest & get him to speak to the man upstairs to move this along so people's suffering can be alleviated.

Maybe a exorcism for Gary could be performed. We need a miracle.
Hurry up code people.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #756 on: February 18, 2016, 04:07:48 PM »

Hopefully it's not far off :) code at the moment isn't horrible :) how many kiss owners have got to the wizard mode?  Be patient look at Metallica & TWD both long waits now both classics. We all know that's how Stern do it right or wrong we knew before we parted with our hard on cash. I would rather smaller more frequent updates like acdc but it is what it is.

What other company has finished code on release?
None as far as I know

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #757 on: February 18, 2016, 04:10:28 PM »
I have never prayed in my life, but I pray that Stern gets the Kiss code done yesterday.
I might even visit a Priest & get him to speak to the man upstairs to move this along so people's suffering can be alleviated.

Hurry up code people.

Lol that made me laugh mate :)

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #758 on: February 18, 2016, 04:12:10 PM »

None as far as I know

None that I can think of :) I've read some B/W clunkers have unfinished code to.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #759 on: February 18, 2016, 04:51:38 PM »

Hurry up code people.

Maybe the thread would be better served if we could stick to factual statements instead of making up rubbish.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #760 on: February 18, 2016, 07:47:39 PM »

None as far as I know

Cactus Canyon

RFM - After completing the Wizard Mode, it just starts all over again - no real achievement acknowledgement.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #761 on: February 18, 2016, 08:21:06 PM »
I remember changing a rom on my WH20 to add some extra stuff like ball save by memory no biggy but nowadays it's alot easier to update.

Anyway hoping kiss drops this weekend :)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re:
« Reply #762 on: February 18, 2016, 08:25:25 PM »
That rom change was for a home version

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #763 on: February 18, 2016, 10:02:30 PM »

The code updating now is easy compared to times gone past, awful Roms etc which were painful.

I am hoping the Wi Fi version makes life 10 times easier for all.

Does anyone know the current code update process for MM Remake ? Is it the same as Stern or different ?

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #764 on: February 18, 2016, 10:03:58 PM »
That rom change was for a home version

+1

Similar to TZ Home rom some minor tweaks here and there and added enhancements (pause game with flipper cradling the ball) but nothing like missing shots/targets.