Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 128024 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #765 on: February 18, 2016, 10:29:38 PM »

The fact that pinheads accept this is the "Stern way of making pinballs" - Fine. Accept it. But I would never look at buying another new Stern until they finish the games just like every other manufacturer has done and will do - except Stern.

+1
I have been this way since Xmen, that was my last NIB purchase. Pros were $6600 then and I thought that was expensive at the time.....lol. How times change!
Turned out to be a cool game in the end but it took ages to complete and imo it is still not finished, unless the dark phoenix wizard mode is now coded but I don't think it has been.
Other Stern games also suffer this fate, Avengers being a obvious example, it's still not completed either.
The business model stays the same but the prices keep rising and the buyer gets fleeced!
Something is very wrong here.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #766 on: February 18, 2016, 10:54:03 PM »
That rom change was for a home version

So it had no ball save from factory??

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #767 on: February 18, 2016, 11:24:22 PM »
The Pope was on TV today and lost his temper.

There was a Stern code programmer in the crowd.

The programmer told him that Kiss coding wasn't ready yet.

The Pope went ballistic and insisted Gary Sterns exorcism start immediately.
He said to the code programmer "stop being selfish" . The LE needs fixing now cause the Pro boys have been done first.
God isn't happy.

Looks like my chat to the Priest has gotten results already. ;)

The Pope is on the job. It won't be long now !

Lol Lol stop it Brett the serious 3 won't be happy with you :) Remember this is serous shit-it's Sterns fault that the world has all these problems lol lol lol

World Famine & code updates are the Popes biggest pet hate this week.

Our flock shall be saved soon enough.

And who seriously doesn't want to see Gary get the exorcism from the bashers.
But Gary has a surprise up his sleeve, he will unleash litres of green slime whilst his head is spinning and scare the unhappy away. He has been practicing with his green slime stocks from the Ghostbusters Pinny. Lol
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #768 on: February 19, 2016, 07:10:14 AM »
That rom change was for a home version

So it had no ball save from factory??

No - it was like TZ, Addams - it was a deliberate design feature that was not included.  To me, i quite like the challenge of playing these machines without a ball save, however, can understand it might be frustrating for a newbie off the street who has just paid $1 and its all over in 45 secs....although that is probably no different to most games i play on an EM!

TZ wouldn't work with a ball save particularly in tournaments, as people would probably take too much advantage if the powerball was next up in the ball trough, and deliberately drain the normal ball before it it get much higher chance of points during powerball mania

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #769 on: March 04, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »
Anyway..

Tonight I had the night off, so I thought I'd have a game or two on KISS. It has been long time since I've played the game, and I switched the game on with the idea that I didn't care about the code..

3 hours later..

It has been a long time since I've really enjoyed the game - and I loved playing it. Still was unable to obtain bonus multiplier and the Colossal bonus lamp only works in attract mode - but I had an absolute ball playing the machine. Makes me think that when the code is released, this game will be awesome.

I just hope Stern hurry up with the code update.  ()
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #770 on: March 05, 2016, 07:48:06 AM »
Anyway..

Tonight I had the night off, so I thought I'd have a game or two on KISS. It has been long time since I've played the game, and I switched the game on with the idea that I didn't care about the code..

3 hours later..

It has been a long time since I've really enjoyed the game - and I loved playing it. Still was unable to obtain bonus multiplier and the Colossal bonus lamp only works in attract mode - but I had an absolute ball playing the machine. Makes me think that when the code is released, this game will be awesome.

I just hope Stern hurry up with the code update.  ()

Glad you didn't re box it :) I'm the same I play it now and again and really enjoy it but that's not good enough hey we need new code lol, if what I've heard is true the codes going to be awesome a total rework from start to finish i hope we are blown away. My cheap as on special $59 USD shaker arrived from Pinball Life arrived on Friday so can't wait to fit that :) oh and Nino change some songs it makes a massive difference, just don't ask me how to do it lol I used another guys pro code :)

Peter.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #771 on: March 08, 2016, 12:20:34 AM »
I chucked a pinball life shaker into KISS bargain at 59 usd :) all pins need shakers at that price I should have bought more :) took 5 mins the spike setup makes it so dam easy.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #772 on: March 08, 2016, 04:27:47 AM »
Well done Pete.
Stern will get on top of these code fixes & then it will be the last thing that is really giving people some issues.
Then overall they will be at the very top of their game, no pun intended.

I will have to ask AMD which has sold in Australia more, Kiss or GOT or Walking Dead for interest.
I have heard from the USA that GOT has sold 3 to 1 over there of GOT than Kiss but Walking Dead has still be steadily selling and has sold more than both.
Apparently operators are going in big for Vault Edition Spider for sited and home users have snapped up a lot of Spidey and all production lines are running flat out and they have enough orders for three to four months easily with Ghost Busters also about to take over a line for four weeks just to start off the LE pre dealer orders and get basic numbers of Pro models ready.

Good to see a pinball factory thriving. It's great for the best hobby on the planet.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:29:58 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #773 on: March 08, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »
Heard that at least one operator has removed KISS from site due to code issues. Clearly affecting sales. Would be interested to know which operators have ordered Spiderman, as the operators that I speak to regularly have not bought a Stern since the KISS Pro.

No need to ask AMD. KISS LE sold out in 48 hours. GoT LE is in abundance from AMD.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #774 on: March 08, 2016, 11:07:44 AM »
SMVE will ship with complete code I would imagine and that is it's only saving grace at that pricetag.
 %$%
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #775 on: March 08, 2016, 06:34:59 PM »
Heard that at least one operator has removed KISS from site due to code issues. Clearly affecting sales. Would be interested to know which operators have ordered Spiderman, as the operators that I speak to regularly have not bought a Stern since the KISS Pro.

No need to ask AMD. KISS LE sold out in 48 hours. GoT LE is in abundance from AMD.

Exactly. Operators are never going to get a return on these standard issue machines with price hike so why would they bother since punters don't play the artwork.

Playfield run was 410 for SMVE so it is a lower production run than SM Black.

Similar demand to ACDC Luci and ends up being the lower production run of all models primarily due to the price gouge.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:40:58 PM by pinsanity »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #776 on: March 08, 2016, 08:14:01 PM »

"At least one operator" it isn't time to hit the panic button just yet lol

I'm thinking the average punter wouldn't give a shit about code and we all know that to be true :) sticks in his 2 bucks and bashes the ball around.

Stern pure genius: between running there new releases they run small quantities of 300-500 games of VE models-JJP announced Hobbit in November 2012 anyone got one???
By the time it's released it won't be relevant anymore, yesterday's news.

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re:
« Reply #777 on: March 09, 2016, 12:17:45 AM »
KISS
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #778 on: March 09, 2016, 12:22:09 AM »
KISS

is still without a code update.

That's a fact.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #779 on: March 09, 2016, 04:53:39 PM »
Cavey is the future of pinball and AP. His unequalled modesty and humility is a direct indicator of this truth.

He blesses us undeserving ones with his firsthand knowledge on pinball siting in corporate lunchrooms, aural hygiene and "narcacism".

Gorgar and I have both accepted this and a pox on anyone who does not recognise this fundamental ideology.

Oh Cavey the great suppository of all knowledge, when is your pilgrimage to the US scheduled to educate the great unwashed plebeians over there so that others may find salvation in your teachings?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:58:54 PM by pinsanity »