Author Topic: MMR Pinball  (Read 5304 times)

Offline craig robins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
MMR Pinball
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:05:03 PM »
Thinking of buying a MMR , does anyone own a MM and is worth owning.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: MMR Pinball
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:00:19 PM »
Ive played one.. its OK to play and the castle exploding is certainly a great feature, but without this??Hmmm... average id say.
id take a CV over MM any day

Offline craig robins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 10:13:44 PM »
Such a difficult decision.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 11:33:45 PM »
Ive played one.. its OK to play and the castle exploding is certainly a great feature, but without this??Hmmm... average id say.
id take a CV over MM any day
+1 I never could see the big interest. Play it on pinball arcade app and see for yourself. It'll give you a bit of an idea. Cv is much better
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 11:53:02 PM »
I was never a fan of MM and just thought it was another over priced older game but after atttending a meet a few weeks ago I'm hooked I loved it great game I don't think your be disappointed   ^^^

Peter

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
I own a MM and think its a great game and a keeper for me. The shot flow is good destroying the castle is rewarding the trolls popping up are cool but a pain. Very funny call outs. The rules are easy to understand with multi balls stackable. Great dots especially with a colour DMD.
Still haven't got to the king yet.
Played CV a bit, another great game on par with MM.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 06:21:33 PM »
BUT - to answer the OPs question, MM is not a bad game at all.  Given the cost of the MMR's or an original it would be a tough decision.  Its one of those games that either does it for you, or its just ho-humm.

Me, I would take a CV over an MM any day of the week.  Both great games in their own right, just comes down to choice.

I'd probably wait until the MMR's land in OZ and take a trip to Melb to play one and see what you think.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 11:48:23 AM »
To keep this on topic, we have split the discussion on Fake MM's to here http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=12663.0
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 07:55:28 PM »
 I haven't spent much time on one but I did enjoy the few games I did have on it. I thought it was reasonably easy to pick up the basic rules which makes it accesable for anyone to play which is one thing that I value as I enjoy it when friends who are not big pinheads can still have a game, pick up the rules and enjoy it. I probably haven't had enough time on one to know but from what I've been told it's still hard enough to keep the better players (which I am not) interested also. The toys I think are great and the call outs very cool.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 08:55:27 PM »
I don't mind playing MM, but it is not in the same league as CV or AFM. It is definitely an overpriced pinball, but nowhere near as bad as CC. I rate several other DMDs like Scared Stiff and ST TNG ahead of MM.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 10:02:04 PM »
My take was that the aim was to destroy the castle.. get over that feature and its ho hum.
I think you really need to play one to know whether to spend that amount of $$'s .. even virtual pin will give you a good idea

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 11:39:10 PM »
I don't mind playing MM, but it is not in the same league as CV or AFM. It is definitely an overpriced pinball, but nowhere near as bad as CC. I rate several other DMDs like Scared Stiff and ST TNG ahead of MM.

With you all the way on CC Nino. It's incredibly overrated which is not to say that it's not a decent game but to me it's just not worth anything like the money people ask for it. To me it's no better game than most other DMD games out there.
I didn't want to mention AFM though as I didn't want to add to the hype............potentially pushing prices up ............because I want one myself!   &&

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 03:15:08 AM »

I didn't want to mention AFM though as I didn't want to add to the hype............potentially pushing prices up ............because I want one myself!   &&

Couldn't possibly push the AFM prices up any further, surely. For a game made with a much lower BOM of the two years previous, it commands a big amount. In saying that, great game.

MM is also the full package. I'd probably choose one over a CV.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:19:09 AM by 4_amusement_only »

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 05:59:26 AM »

I didn't want to mention AFM though as I didn't want to add to the hype............potentially pushing prices up ............because I want one myself!   &&

Couldn't possibly push the AFM prices up any further, surely. For a game made with a much lower BOM of the two years previous, it commands a big amount. In saying that, great game.

Yes agreed there for sure. Very cool game though and for less than MM money I'd be buying this instead. That's just me though, I love a pinball with a sci-fi theme and one does it very well. Like MM pricing it's just supply and demand with MM remakes surely we'll start to see MM prices come down a bit. I guess it's always going to be a sort after game though.

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 11:47:10 PM »
Of the 50 Le coming to Australia - im in for a stainless option - how many have ordered on this site?