Author Topic: Project F-14  (Read 9338 times)

Offline 48

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Project F-14
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 10:42:38 PM »
Peter, I notice you have those awful flashlamp resistor boards with missing ceramic resistors on them.
You can get replacements for the large ones at Jaycar, but I had to find the 330Watt items on ebay overseas
Lets go Brandon!

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 10:51:52 PM »
yeah 48 the resistor bodies were all laying in the bottom of the cabinet, havent tried to chase em up yet.

Ive tested the electrical as much as I could without the Mpu,

Tranny and power supply board both good seem to be ok on all voltages,even the 100v working

Backbox inside electronics and wiring wise seems mint, no burnt connector damage or hacks anywhere,

only the Mpu missing which is a shame everything else has the original serial numbers matching.
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 10:57:58 PM »
I would have to see one first to determine if I could do a arrow insert.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline 48

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 01:45:23 PM »
They look like this
Lets go Brandon!

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 06:25:36 PM »
Depending what the radius is on all three points, I reckon I could do those but only have a clear material. Maybe post a picture looking underneath and of the front point out of interest.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 07:24:53 PM »
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 11:14:54 PM »
Hey Swinks heres some shots of the inserts,they are 6 mm thick

the large centre one like you did for 48 actually looks fine in mine came out easily.

hmm I wonder how clear ones would look in the playfield with the respective coloured red and blue leds underside?

trouble is that would be 14 of em...

Peter..
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 01:32:01 AM by TUF-427 »

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 02:10:36 PM »
Quick update,

Playfield is now Stripped and awaiting clean and prep For Inserts,decals and Clearcoat..

Playfield looms have been seperated and cleaned,

Flashlamp board resistors repaired,

and all 3 looms,Switch,solenoid and Lamps have had a general inspection,resolder as necessary, Diode check,contacts cleaned an adj etc etc.

So Hopefully should just be able to put back in when the time comes and not have any loom issues ...

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 02:14:01 PM »
is that cutting them out? if they are cut out from a perspex of sorts they wouldn't have the reflective marks on the underside of the inserts? that's why i am thinking  casting is the only way so you could make them correct with the originals.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 02:23:22 PM »
Going to town on this one Pete great effort so far.  I'll check my roof and see if any of the playfields have these arrow head inserts.
     Going to be a sweet machine once your done.

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 10:02:22 PM »
is that cutting them out? if they are cut out from a perspex of sorts they wouldn't have the reflective marks on the underside of the inserts? that's why i am thinking  casting is the only way so you could make them correct with the originals.

OJ check out this thread here where 48 was looking for the quite large centre insert on His F14,

Swinks knocked one up from scratch for him with starburst facets and all,fantastic work!

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=6885.0

Going to town on this one Pete great effort so far.  I'll check my roof and see if any of the playfields have these arrow head inserts.
     Going to be a sweet machine once your done.
Hey Daniel,yeh bit more work in this one than my usual clean and rerubber!
Worth the effort F14s a great title IMHO.
Appreciated if you can check your playfields ..

Peter..

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 10:11:49 PM »
oh cnc. yer if he has one of those then that makes things different lol, a cnc is the first thing on my list of tools to buy if i was ever to come into allot of money. i was thinking it was a band saw and a sheet of perspex, lol wow very nice indeed

Offline spook

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane, QLD
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 11:51:44 PM »
Great work on the resto so far Peter .... I'm enjoying watching your progress with this one. Regularly gave F-14 a bit of a hammering back in my uni days with a few mates while waiting for burgers/chips/etc at the snack bar at Kangaroo Pt. Great game with great sound, blinding lights (on topper) and that high speed kickback. Really looking forward to seeing the finished project!
Wanted: Another Williams Flash

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »
Great work so far .. I'm yet to go that far with a resto .. there's a LOT of inserts in that PF .
I can't remember ever playing this title .. but then again I can't remember a lot of stuff these days  &^&
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2011, 01:30:39 AM »
Great work on the resto so far Peter .... I'm enjoying watching your progress with this one. Regularly gave F-14 a bit of a hammering back in my uni days with a few mates while waiting for burgers/chips/etc at the snack bar at Kangaroo Pt. Great game with great sound, blinding lights (on topper) and that high speed kickback. Really looking forward to seeing the finished project!

Hey Spook Thanks, you talking about the Boomerang Cafe near the story bridge?  Just closed its doors I think..

Great work so far .. I'm yet to go that far with a resto .. there's a LOT of inserts in that PF .
I can't remember ever playing this title .. but then again I can't remember a lot of stuff these days  &^&
Yep lots of inserts in this one biggest project Ive Attempted in pinball..Would have liked to just cleaned and rerubbered but insert lift under the mylar was just too bad..

I think you would remember F14 if you played it,As spook has explained it was a full on 80s sound and light show that generally leaves an impression..

Heres not a bad Vid of one in action,4 balls and 4 flippers!