Author Topic: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - parts update thread  (Read 97031 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Maybe you should do an LE in Lady P Pink

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
I like your way of thinking.... Lady Penelope shocking pink pinball machine. Can honestly say that I would want one for sure   ^^^ ^^^

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane

My understanding of the machine is that its theme is a cracker and it will be true honest pinball..Thatll do for me.

As much as I love the theme, I can't just rely on that and hope that it will be good.
I have seen and played too many pins with off the hook themes that were supposed to be the best game ever etc and they turned out to be boat anchors.
As a buyer who has placed a deposit, what is wrong with wanting more info before dipping into the pockets some more?
Surely nothing?

Nothing wrong at all except you want me to run up bills to no advantage. I set the price with a VERY tight budget in mind. I am already squeezed an extra 15% because of the shift in the AUD since I put this machine up for sale so already those who have paid have a further 15% discount.

I strongly suggest you ask my accounts for a refund straight away because it seems I will be unable to satisfy your requests. Heck, I won't even see a finished playfield myself for at least a year yet! How can I possibly show anyone else a playfield or specific gameplay?

Also, as pointed out in a post above, the second I release anything (and this has already happened) the armchair experts come out with all manner of reasons why it's too, big, small, wide, tall, green and every other imaginable reason, usually conjecture and BS but it is simply unnecessary speculation and isn't constructive.

I have to start from absolute scratch and most appreciate that. It isn't a matter of designing the machine and making it - I also have to design every part in the machine.

Stern didn't have to do this and neither did JJP.

I do have a professional video being tweaked at the moment and I will release it soon BUT I doubt it will answer any of your questions about gameplay as it is a very generic - "look, a new pinball" video, not really showing our work to date.

I don't think you have the slightest clue just how much work and expense this excercise entails. I have already spent over $220,000 of my own money on this venture because I know it will succeed. I also made NO SECRET that the machine will be released mid 2015 and not before. It is a condition of my licence that it be ready for sale in 2015.

Run up bills?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane

My understanding of the machine is that its theme is a cracker and it will be true honest pinball..Thatll do for me.

As much as I love the theme, I can't just rely on that and hope that it will be good.
I have seen and played too many pins with off the hook themes that were supposed to be the best game ever etc and they turned out to be boat anchors.
As a buyer who has placed a deposit, what is wrong with wanting more info before dipping into the pockets some more?
Surely nothing?

Nothing wrong at all except you want me to run up bills to no advantage. I set the price with a VERY tight budget in mind. I am already squeezed an extra 15% because of the shift in the AUD since I put this machine up for sale so already those who have paid have a further 15% discount.

I strongly suggest you ask my accounts for a refund straight away because it seems I will be unable to satisfy your requests. Heck, I won't even see a finished playfield myself for at least a year yet! How can I possibly show anyone else a playfield or specific gameplay?

Also, as pointed out in a post above, the second I release anything (and this has already happened) the armchair experts come out with all manner of reasons why it's too, big, small, wide, tall, green and every other imaginable reason, usually conjecture and BS but it is simply unnecessary speculation and isn't constructive.

I have to start from absolute scratch and most appreciate that. It isn't a matter of designing the machine and making it - I also have to design every part in the machine.

Stern didn't have to do this and neither did JJP.

I do have a professional video being tweaked at the moment and I will release it soon BUT I doubt it will answer any of your questions about gameplay as it is a very generic - "look, a new pinball" video, not really showing our work to date.

I don't think you have the slightest clue just how much work and expense this excercise entails. I have already spent over $220,000 of my own money on this venture because I know it will succeed. I also made NO SECRET that the machine will be released mid 2015 and not before. It is a condition of my licence that it be ready for sale in 2015.

I don't care how much it costs to make, why would that concern me?
I don't think you have the slightest clue what a customer is and what customer service is.
Refund is the way to go, minus the $100 fee of course...... ::)
If anyone wants a my spot let me know.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Personally I prefer Mikes attitude compared to JerseyJacks

Mike is sraght an to the point, we knew going in that there was not going to be much information before the games release

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
"I don't care how much it costs to make, why would that concern me?
I don't think you have the slightest clue what a customer is and what customer service is."

You can't be serious can you? What it costs to make and all of the associated costs are passed directly to the customer. If I can keep costs in check by not wasting resources then the end price is cheaper. I'm sorry but it seems you have a very poor grasp of commercial reality.

Ask those that buy my boards what they think of my customer service - I haven't had any complaints at all in five years so I must be doing something right. In fact the response I get universally is one of the highest praise on all fronts including customer service.

I made no secret about the $100 fee - it actually costs me MORE than that to cancel a sale and refund for reasons I won't bore you with here. I offer to transfer it for free (although that still costs me money to do).

How about you organise a theme, start a factory and I will buy a machine from you - then see just how simple it all is and make sure you spoon feed me all the way - oh, and don't charge me too much either!!!

As I said earlier it isn't possible to please everybody and I am not going to try.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Very happy to be out, thanks for the refund.
All the best, hope the game does well etc etc etc.
And yes your customer service is pretty shite!

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

I really would like to know how you can think that?

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:

You didn't release sneak peeks of stuff you cant release sneak peeks of is what im thinking

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Based on my experiences I find it a bit hard to believe as well. I've always had great dealings with Mike  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wiked

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Re:
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »
My dealings with Mike have always been great too.

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
+1 mike's service is always top notch.

However I think it is a shame your've lost a customer. CC is a hard man to please but would be good if you can get him back on board - or at least part ways amicably

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
+1 mike's service is always top notch.

However I think it is a shame your've lost a customer. CC is a hard man to please but would be good if you can get him back on board - or at least part ways amicably

I suspect that he is bothered that I won't be updating progress of the game as much as he might like rather than has a problem with my customer service as such?

The simple fact is I am very constrained by exactly what I am able to release without approval. Approval takes time (and money) to obtain and I simply will not budget an extra $20,000 into the cost of building this machine merely to show some updates - that is a waste and exactly why "other" pinball machines cost $11,000 and mine will be $7,500

I run a very tight ship and I cannot abide waste such as this.

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
Just caught up on this thread, Gees what a read. I believe  Mike is brave and should be very proud taking on such a huge project. Having run my own business, I understand the planning, financial risks and hard work behind following your dream!

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I have the top two floors of this building, half of the ground floor of the building in front with the blue roof, the entire third floor of apartments in another building around the corner and five more apartments just to the left of the blue roofed building. They are all within a few minutes walk of one another and all in the same complex.