Author Topic: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - parts update thread  (Read 97048 times)

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
love the logo on top  ()

That wouldn't have been cheap to get made up

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
looks great Mike

is the sign photoshopped  && or real - could zoom in enough to tell.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Wiked

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Re:
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »
It looks like its photo shopped on my phone

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Shaneus

• Forum Posts:
So, I've been having a think about this... so excuse my brain dump while I clog up this thread with ideas that have probably been suggested/designed anyway.

First, the obvious:
* Palm trees that flop down when activating some mode
* Thunderbird 2 ball lock (obvious)
* Starting multiball could involve hitting five in-line drop targets  (like the Master of Puppets drop targets on Metallica), with each one having the Thunderbirds numbers 5-1 and each time you hit one, it says the number and has the horn/trumpet sound.
* I think a shaker motor, even as an additional extra, would be a very clever option... especially for launch sequences!
* Headphone jack (not a biggie for me, but I think it'd be appreciated for a lot of folk
* Dimmable DMD? Perhaps even some kind of VGA output for testing/diagnosis?
* Not sure how software updates would work (if at all) but the easier the better for the home user. USB, I guess?
* Lots of Lady Penelope/Parker humour (obviously!).

Things that may not be so obvious/feasible:
* Playfield having a photo/drawing that lights up for each mission, just like the IR control centre:

* I was thinking of some kind of vertical habitrail that goes up, *outside* the backbox (via magnets, kinda like the supercharger in The Getaway/HS2 I guess) to represent the launch sequence and possibly the start of multiball. Think it would be cool to see something that goes outside the playfield, but might not be technically possible. This could perhaps even just be a trick with the backbox, where there's only a single ball self-contained, but there's a trick where a ball hides in the playfield and it only looks like it goes into this habitrail. (I just realised this could be done almost like the catapult launcher in Medieval Madness, but with an outside ball. I guess it would have enough velocity to make it up something vertically?)
* Ball lock that involves some kind of rotating panel like in the launch sequence in this video.
* Somewhere on the playfield (maybe a toy) with a reference to Lady Penelope's car and the gun behind the grille.

I'd also love to know who the designer is, but I understand if that's still under wraps for the time being. I suspect I have an idea (if it's an experienced/well-known designer) but I'm not putting any bets on it. Do you know when you'll be able to tell us who it is?

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Loved the recent update.....videos on the website.
 ::)
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Some great ideas mike I'd love to see the ball leave the Playfield

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Some great ideas mike I'd love to see the ball leave the Playfield

I'd like to see the playfield?

()

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
I still haven't got season 1 of Thunderbirds to experience the tv show to see what all the fuss is about, but I'd definitely want the pinball machine if it had Aussie band TISM's song Thunderbirds Are Coming Out......5,4,3,2,1!  Love it!

Cheers!
Adam.

P.s maybe a TISM pinball machine needs to happen. So many hilarious songs for the various modes.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
I still haven't got season 1 of Thunderbirds to experience the tv show to see what all the fuss is about, but I'd definitely want the pinball machine if it had Aussie band TISM's song Thunderbirds Are Coming Out......5,4,3,2,1!  Love it!

Cheers!
Adam.

P.s maybe a TISM pinball machine needs to happen. So many hilarious songs for the various modes.

I saw Tism once....once.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
http://www.grumpycats.com/memes/i-had-fun-once-it-was-awful/#.UtKZhPYazCQ

They were just not good live for mine, all pose and no substance...worked better on the radio or the stereo when ya where off chops and didn't care...live was pretty crap.
I wish I could get the drug that killed river phoenix though, it sounds good.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I read this thread today from start to stop n enjoyed every bit of it, except the cowcorner insults n comments.

Daz, I don't mean to be mean or upset u mate, but why do u meaningly insult people n say so many things so many times to question peoples abilities or credibility.
Its like you were just waiting to shite all over this thread like you do to A lot of others.

People who buy this game are buying it because they believe in Mike personally.
I have spoken to Mike before n a dead set straight out gentleman n a fair dinkum aussie as u are going to get.
He doesn't have a ego, doesn't insult people ever, and he is sober n has no mental illness.

If you don't believe in something or someone, then just stay off the thread. It really just ruins it for others n since this is a commercial venture by a friend to many on this forum n to many pinheads in Australia, your cynical posts will hurt rather than help someone who is trusted.

Back on topic, I think Mike is doing a fantastic job n I would certainly trust him to deliver or die trying. You just cant keep asking him what time he goes to the toilet each day n every single other minor thing when he is BUSY BUSY BUSY building a pinball machine for mass production (500 machines).

Rather than root up Mikes thread, send me a PM if u disagree with me.
Mike has stayed very professional.
I am not sure I would have had his patience.

I dare u for just one lousy month, not to be bitter, insultive or plain out negative......just one lousy month.....lets see how we go hey.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Please remember I am starting a factory FROM SCRATCH! That means every single thing right down to refurbishing the toilet block and putting loo rolls on the holders right through to buying, installing and using new stamping, cutting, folding etc machinery and designing and making EVERY SINGLE PART!!!!! This whole project is a hell of a lot more extensive than simply designing a new pinball machine and assembling it using "off the shelf" parts.

Things are moving along at a brisk pace - the 4 x production line benches were delivered and installed today. They have excellent overhead lighting, power points along the underside of the top shelf (with circuit breakers and RCD installed on each bench) and anti static matting for the work surface. The top shelf allows for small bins of parts to be supplied to the exact work area where they are needed.

This will be the main assembly line for smaller assemblies such as flipper etc (10 metres long):

This is a shorter 5 meter line for checking PCB assemblies and to bench test mechanical assemblies:

This is the "R&D" room (more tables to be assembled, probably tommorow):

This will be the 5 meter PCB component assembly line - between the end of the line and the blue shelving will be the flow solder machine that I hope will be delivered before Chinese New Year so I can commission it while all the staff are off having a great time:

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Just mind numbing thinking about how much work and planning you have done and still have to do.  Keep up the great work mike.