Author Topic: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - parts update thread  (Read 97035 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

...... up to 136,000 parts per minute.

Unbelievable!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!

...... up to 136,000 parts per minute.

Unbelievable!

Yes it is - the video shows it running at about 80K parts per minute. The head engineer (Chinese guy) told me (in perfect British English) that they hadn't run it at full speed yet as they were too frightened - his exact words - "can you imagine the mess it would make if something went wrong at full speed".

YES, I can...............I told him.......

It is a Panasonic brand machine, made in Japan.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Holy crap that a serious piece of equipment

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Mike, have you got any idea at this stage as to what style of gameplay/era style playfield you are going to go with.

Will u make the machine like a SS model, or a earlier really fun but straight forward game like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Gilligans Island (which if any members have played will know that these games are shot/collect shots orientated, straight forward n relatively simple designs but they work really really well and are just heaps of fun without having to go overboard) which deliver great flow but lots of fun.

Gilligans is a classic example, collect various things to achieve great results, Ninja Turtles is similar in that it has several straight forward shots and is simple pinball but makes you shoot for what u have to get. Old fashioned fun pinball based on good shots. Not a game where the ball just flies around anywhere and everywhere n u just rack up points as u hit anything n everything without trying)......

so since the thread was called, have your say/ideas etc, I thought I would ask if you have a game or gamestyle in mind to base Thunderbirds on.

Play Gilligans and TMNTurtles if u haven't, cause it would be worthwhile homework before u design your table/playfield.

Any info would be good. 
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I will have a preliminary PF layout available very shortly. Some of the whitewood can be seen in operation in the video on my website.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Thank you for the updates in assembling your factory
seeing the progress is (almost) as good as updates for the pinball machine
:)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
checked out the video, a couple of teasers and the 2nd part of the brochure may hint to a few features - looking good
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Toads

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
Hey Mr Swinks and Mike for that matter, I've just committed to this project and looking forward to the end result. Mr Swinks, I'm happy things are turning for you and I can see a small smile appearing on your face. You deserve it.
Good things come to those who work for it.
checked out the video, a couple of teasers and the 2nd part of the brochure may hint to a few features - looking good

Marty Machine

Well done Mike for your passion to make this come to fruition at last....and done properly too ;-)

Buggar the ignorant insulters & haters in this thread  !*! !*! !*!

On another note, i'm surprised you're going to great lengths to manufacture every part? was it not an option to buy into Stern/Gottlieb/Williams and use their stock and/or have it made under their approval?
I heard (long ago) that williams (& gottlieb) would offer cheap options to re-manufacture their range of parts, as they no longer do it themselves (being focussed on pokies etc that dont use those parts).
food for thought.

I assume you intend doing far more than "just pinball" in your factory??

MM

Offline Shaneus

• Forum Posts:
Wire ramps rather than plastic?

Awesome
Bit late on this thread, but my eyes lit up as well when I read this. Good lord!

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
The Vacuum forming machine has been refurbished and delivered today! The job they did on it is amazing - apart from sandblasting and repainting it they have replaced every relay, switch, cable, air valve, gauge and air line. Now to get it wired in....

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
Looks new,

Looking forward to pics of it working,

Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Now im jealous.. such a cool thing to have

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong

Now your jealous?  ^&^. Damn your a hard bastard to please Gav

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:

Now your jealous?  ^&^. Damn your a hard bastard to please Gav

LOL- im thinking of stuff id love to have in my shop... then again, I need a bigger shop first!!!  %.% %.% %.% %.%