Author Topic: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - parts update thread  (Read 97048 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
I'm not copying traditional methods - I'm borrowing from them but we are doing our own thing....
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I'm not copying traditional methods - I'm borrowing from them but we are doing our own thing....

no worries, just watch what ply you use (and the amount of knots in the ply) and the glue that binds the layers together as some won't laser cut nice and all edges will then become blackened.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
What I personally like about what Mike is doing is that he has decades and decades of engineering experience.
This translates to a smart product that ticks all the boxes. Literally, from the ground up. Example, Mike has chosen the best leg levellers that I have seen. Why hasn't anyone else in the pinball industry used those before ? Self levelling with the ball joint design and rubber feet. Very smart...and YES, it takes an engineer and that experience that Mike has, to do it right the first time. Everyone who moves a machine, always worries about their $10,000 wood floor, or expensive tiled floor. Mikes smart thinking, just on the leg levellers alone, are an indication, that things are being thought out with an engineers brain from the get go.

When the time is right, I might buy 40 sets of those feet Mike (160 pieces) cause I hate the traditional leg levellers that everyone else uses.

I like the fact that you are also doing a Hankin style table. Smart move and the profits from that can fuel the pinball furnace of cashflow.

Advertise the hell out of that product on here Mike, cause a lot of people would buy your product for sure.

I also like the Thunderbirds tie-in with your engineering background, it goesw hand in hand with your personality Mike.
I like the KISS (keep it simple) approach u are taking. I love reading your updates, and don't worry about the knockers, there is probably only 1 or 2 in the whole world, with 99.99999 percent of people fully behind you.

You know Stern and JJP will be buying your product. I bet the first thing they say (off the record) is why didn't we think of that (various engineering designs u have come up with) and then they will say dam, if only we could build our stuff outside of the USA without the locals (USA) going bannanas.

Who cares if its made in China. As long as the product is great (which I know it will be), and Asia is in our backyard anyway. U cant build stuff in Australia, it costs apx $50,000 a year minimum these days to hire just one person (hence most Aussie companies who still build stuff use contractors etc).

I reckon the Japaneese will go crazy for your Thunderbirds Pinball. I am told, Thunderbirds in Japan has a huge following.

Well done Mike, everything is looking great.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
 ^^^
What I personally like about what Mike is doing is that he has decades and decades of engineering experience.
This translates to a smart product that ticks all the boxes. Literally, from the ground up. Example, Mike has chosen the best leg levellers that I have seen. Why hasn't anyone else in the pinball industry used those before ? Self levelling with the ball joint design and rubber feet. Very smart...and YES, it takes an engineer and that experience that Mike has, to do it right the first time. Everyone who moves a machine, always worries about their $10,000 wood floor, or expensive tiled floor. Mikes smart thinking, just on the leg levellers alone, are an indication, that things are being thought out with an engineers brain from the get go.

When the time is right, I might buy 40 sets of those feet Mike (160 pieces) cause I hate the traditional leg levellers that everyone else uses.

I like the fact that you are also doing a Hankin style table. Smart move and the profits from that can fuel the pinball furnace of cashflow.

Advertise the hell out of that product on here Mike, cause a lot of people would buy your product for sure.

I also like the Thunderbirds tie-in with your engineering background, it goesw hand in hand with your personality Mike.
I like the KISS (keep it simple) approach u are taking. I love reading your updates, and don't worry about the knockers, there is probably only 1 or 2 in the whole world, with 99.99999 percent of people fully behind you.

You know Stern and JJP will be buying your product. I bet the first thing they say (off the record) is why didn't we think of that (various engineering designs u have come up with) and then they will say dam, if only we could build our stuff outside of the USA without the locals (USA) going bannanas.

Who cares if its made in China. As long as the product is great (which I know it will be), and Asia is in our backyard anyway. U cant build stuff in Australia, it costs apx $50,000 a year minimum these days to hire just one person (hence most Aussie companies who still build stuff use contractors etc).

I reckon the Japaneese will go crazy for your Thunderbirds Pinball. I am told, Thunderbirds in Japan has a huge following.

Well done Mike, everything is looking great.  ^^^

+1  ^^^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
The PCB assembly line equipment is coming together at last. A few tables and some shelving and we are ready to go. Still waiting on the $4300 worth of RoHS solder to be delivered.

Some of the Homepin staff can be seen in this video cleaning up the motorised assembly bench and the two guys (also staff) are wiring it into the building (3 phase).

I'm having trouble linking so if the Youtube video doesn't appear above can someone please add the link:

&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:36:07 PM by pinnies4me »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Where does he get those wonderful toys.    Looking good mike can't wait to see them in action

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Where does he get those wonderful toys.    Looking good mike can't wait to see them in action

China........ $#$

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Well it's about 1.45 in the morning here now as I type this (and looking at that pic I now see I haven't changed the date  @.@) and about an hour or so ago we urgently needed 4 threaded mounts machined up from aluminium - we rang the friendly local guy we use a fair bit and he got out of bed for us and made them on the spot:

Here are the finished parts

Back to the factory and glued into place

Perfect fit!!

Nice workplace attire..........

Sunny is the factory manager and works all hours like me. Where else in the world could you make this happen???
How much were they? A total of $12 for the four and he supplied the material!

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Awesome, these will be built in no time!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I love the pajamas !

Just sew on the Homepin logo on the front pocket !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline dealers choice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
Lmao the parts were just 4 bushes internally threaded. i wouldnt wake up for that.  ^&(
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
OK - here is a Thunderbirds Pinball part.....a motor/gearbox
that runs at 2 RPM - any guesses at what it is for?????

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
It retracts the pool so T1 can rise up and launch Virgil multiball !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Im with Pete.. 2rpm must be either the pool retracting or palm trees folding over... too slow to be much else