Author Topic: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - parts update thread  (Read 97035 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Interactive TAG toppers!!!

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
This is a VERY early drawing of our flipper mech. It has evolved a lot from this earlier effort. Note there is no "left & right" assembly as the body can be used for either. Also note the use of roller bearings for the flipper shaft instead of the usual nylon bush.

Homepin builds quality while others just talk about it!

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Impressive Mike !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Engineering the pin to a new level  ()

Looks great Mike  ^^^

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I have had a few messages asking where we intend to screen print the playfied, plastics and other parts. There is a level to the ground floor part of the Homepin factory that I have earmarked for this work as well as air brushing. It is able to be sealed off from the outside pretty well but I have yet to organise the air conditioning and other work.

I haven't started on this section of the factory yet but here are some pictures of the empty rooms  %.% It's pretty hard to get a picture that shows the space in context.

From the ground level you can see the windows above - this entire strip comprises three rooms - two reasonable sized ones and a pretty large one. It might be a little tight but we will have to make do initially. You can see the stairs to the right of the woodworking shop.

Then a pic looking down the hallway showing the three rooms and the stairwell

Then the three rooms:

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
The drawing for the mounting bracket for the motorised topper "T5". I will have it laser cut from stainless steel.

Offline ssspl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
The drawing for the mounting bracket for the motorised topper "T5". I will have it laser cut from stainless steel.

There's a mistake in the lowermost descriptor with 4 characters, I think the third character should be ... #@#

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

There's a mistake in the lowermost des c ri p t or with 4 characters, I think the third character should be ... #@#

Yes, the main issue using Chinese designers - programs and outsourcing factories. Believe me I have to contend with it every day! These are our internal documents however and the manuals and service information will all be in English written by either myself or another "English native speaker".

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
There's a mistake in the lowermost de******or with 4 characters, I think the third character should be ... #@#

4[mm] dia. through hole?

Not sure of the difference between this and the "complete through hole" in the upper left (完全贯穿)?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
wat we need to do, is organise a AP roadtrip (via a 747 jumbo) and get half a dozen to a dozen aussies to come n stay for a week, help set up the factory and have some fun checking out china.

I wonder how much airfares are from Brisy to China and back. Accomodation, on your floor Mike. Just feed me, and find a hot looking girl or two.lol

mate, proud to see your photos, that's a great size space. Thunderbirds are go.

Going to check out the entire TAG DVD set tomorrow from JB-Hi Fi. Selling a boxset on special I was told. Will report back.

I was wondering Mike, do u have the shows on dvd or computer. I reckon watching those shows again will be fun and excellent for ideas and it connects u better to a pin when u watch where the concept came from.

I wonder when Gary Stern decides to finish up, and they sell Stern in one or ten years, will financial pressure push them to go to China to compete...... anyway, glad u are well n truly getting stuck into it. Exciting times ahead.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Last time I looked China Southern Airlines Brisbane to Guangzhou return was only $850 in the low season. Guangzhou is about 3 hours by coach or 1.15 by fast train from Shenzhen.

Far easier to get to Hong Kong as it is VERY close to Shenzhen from HK.

Offline ssspl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
I seem to remember getting a good ferry from HK to Shenzhen, and the Customs queue at ferry exit(?) was almost non existent.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
This is a VERY early drawing of our flipper mech. It has evolved a lot from this earlier effort. Note there is no "left & right" assembly as the body can be used for either. Also note the use of roller bearings for the flipper shaft instead of the usual nylon bush.

Homepin builds quality while others just talk about it!

WOW...  $$( that will be one SERIOUS flipper mech! No worries of those bearings ever wearing out!!

Looks sweet as!! AWESOME stuff Mike  ^^^ ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
$850 return airfares is cheap.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
These drawings have not been shown anywhere else!