Author Topic: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - parts update thread  (Read 97035 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - parts update thread
« Reply #405 on: September 21, 2015, 07:56:01 PM »
So, I'm guessing the game was not revealed at Pinfest last weekend?
Must be getting close isn't it due out this year?
I can't wait to see this game I think it will be a real cracker.
I'm picturing in my minds eye a modern game with an old school feel with beautiful hand done artwork. For some reason and I'm probably way off the mark but I'm thinking along the lines of a Capcom Breakshot feel but obviously an entirely different theme.
Exciting times.....bring it on.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:02:45 PM by spacejam0 »

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #406 on: September 21, 2015, 09:00:52 PM »

...I'm picturing in my minds eye a modern game with an old school feel with beautiful hand done artwork. For some reason and I'm probably way off the mark but I'm thinking along the lines of a Capcom Breakshot feel but obviously an entirely different theme.
Exciting times.....bring it on.

The picture being shown slowly is that this will be an old school 'quality built' modern game.  There is an irony that build quality and finishing touches in a pin (and cost control) can only be achieved if 'Made In China'.  Built in China is about 'bang for buck' - buy cheap, get cheap, spend more, get much more.

I thought polished stainless steel armour was a thing of the past - I hope those kind of atractive things increase the coin box earning.

...so much to find out.

(Correction to my earlier comment.  I incorrectly mentioned polishing 'chrome' armour, yet pins have only ever had 'stainless steel armour'.  I was thinking stainless steel.  It's the Legs have been chrome.)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #407 on: September 21, 2015, 09:58:47 PM »

Mid 2015 originally but that info has now been removed.

(Correction to my earlier comment.  I incorrectly mentioned polishing 'chrome' armour, yet pins have only ever had 'stainless steel armour'.  I was thinking stainless steel.  It's the Legs have been chrome.)

I thought legs were nickel plated from factory?

Chrome has a more "wet shine" look than standard SS polish. Good for a showpiece machine in home use but not all that practical for a commercial environment particularly the lockdown bar which theoretically will have heavy contact onsite.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #408 on: September 22, 2015, 08:18:00 AM »

It was due out this year with the release of the remake of the show.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:48:08 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #409 on: September 22, 2015, 08:22:59 PM »

(Correction to my earlier comment.  I incorrectly mentioned polishing 'chrome' armour, yet pins have only ever had 'stainless steel armour'.  I was thinking stainless steel.  It's the Legs have been chrome.)

I thought legs were nickel plated from factory?

Chrome has a more "wet shine" look than standard SS polish. Good for a showpiece machine in home use but not all that practical for a commercial environment particularly the lockdown bar which theoretically will have heavy contact onsite.

Double correction it seems.  Yes, nickel plate sounds right for the legs, rather than chrome plate.  Same process - they are both a thin layer of nickel or something electrically added to the metal legs.  Nickel is reflective but has more of a dull 'matte' finish, while chrome has a 'full gloss' mirror finish.

both plates are not as resistive to damage and repairable as the stainless steel armour.  That is probably why legs transitioned to 'black', while armour was still stainless steel.

(I think I got that all correct!)

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #410 on: November 13, 2015, 12:27:32 AM »
Any new details on this pinball as yet? Really sick of the arcade updates ( dime a dozen these days ) it is HOMEPIN isn't it
looking forward to an aussie twist on pinball.
I understand recent tragedies have put things back a bit, but this hasn't stopped arcade updates  !@#
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #411 on: November 13, 2015, 05:46:10 AM »
Any new details on this pinball as yet? Really sick of the arcade updates ( dime a dozen these days ) it is HOMEPIN isn't it
looking forward to an aussie twist on pinball.
I understand recent tragedies have put things back a bit, but this hasn't stopped arcade updates  !@#

You could very easily find out first hand for yourself:

www.homepin.com/intern.html

Please show me where arcade updates are a "dime a dozen"?

I can assure you that without the arcade side of Homepin things would be progressing FAR slower as it enables us to employ people, rent premises and deal with a myriad of suppliers who (otherwise) would be much less interested in dealing with us.

I certainly have learned first hand why Stern says NOTHING on public sites!!!

FYI: I don't have a great deal to do with the arcade side of things other than some QC and the shipping paperwork. The posts on Facebook (primarily) are made for the hundreds who ARE following development in ALL areas of amusement industry and have actually attracted serious interest from new PINBALL distributors.

If you think all of the groundwork that surrounds this project is easy think again. Just the paperwork running the factory and staff is a massive job. Add to that sourcing the appropriate materials (EG CARB wood for the USA - A0 grade for Europe) - the legalities of practically EVERY part in this machine EG: "does this meet certain RoHS requirements" - "does the translite printing use eco-friendly ink". Electrical tests and modifications because one country does something slightly different to every other country.

I'm not going to bother explaining how long these approvals take and COST!

Homepin is building a LONG TERM AMUSEMENT MACHINE BUSINESS. We are not here for the short haul or the "quick buck" like a few others seem to be. This takes a lot of time, effort and money.

After Karen's passing I sat back and sought advice - the entire structure of Homepin was rebuilt from the ground up and we are now larger and stronger moving forward. If it was left up to me ONLY, I would have closed the doors and walked away!!!

If you are "sick of the arcade updates" - simple, don't read them.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 05:59:06 AM by Homepin »
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #412 on: November 13, 2015, 07:44:27 AM »
Are you sure that the audio does not interfere with the mating habits of the orange bellied parrot?

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #413 on: November 13, 2015, 08:20:16 AM »
Lets just wait and see what it's like when it eventually comes out....whenever that is.
 (((
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #414 on: November 13, 2015, 08:26:39 AM »
Are you sure that the audio does not interfere with the mating habits of the orange bellied parrot?

LOL

It isn't *quite* that bad but here is one example:

In order to satisfy requirements into one market Homepin must provide a full audit trail of the item in question (one part mind you) right from raw materials through to the tools used to assemble the part. I kid you not. So far, this document is running over 60 pages and has taken several months to prepare with more than one hour per day, by one staff member, devoted to it. Pure madness! If we can PROVE everything in the document (and that is a feat in itself) we will be home and free on the other 200 parts.

There is a LOT more to satisfying all of the legal and statutory requirements than anyone would ever believe. (certainly a lot more than I ever envisaged).

Stern has it easy as they (same as the aviation industry) simply call up the "Grandfather clause" and are basically able to get away with anything.

New players (such as Homepin) have to abide by every single new law, rule and suggestion.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #415 on: November 13, 2015, 08:32:00 AM »
On a more serious note; how many countries are you exporting to?

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #416 on: November 13, 2015, 09:41:06 AM »
Keep up the good work Mike.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #417 on: November 13, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »
Avoided the question with a rant and you interpreted my question as an attack again   *.*
Couldn't you post on here what you put on website please? I will not rebut your writings as it has no value to my question or this thread.
I agree keep up the work.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #418 on: November 13, 2015, 10:29:52 AM »
One of the first things that hit me when I went "full time" was that pinheads are the most impatient species on our planet.

Imagine dropping off your car at the mechanic and being told it will take 2 days to fix. As the customer, do you go home and immediately call the mechanic to see how you car is going and can it be fixed today as you need to go shopping ?

Has ANYONE been ripped off ? Predator, WOZ, Magic Girl .. Whats the hold up on TBL ?

I heard a story the other week from an industry heavyweight that Thunderbirds was "never going to be made". After laughing I thought about the comments and put them into perspective. I suppose if you have never built a game from scratch, or had the "dream" to build one and failed abysmally, then you would hope that anyone that makes it past first base fails.. I think some industry people are so quiet they need to make stuff up and fire up the natives !

I suppose the positive is that once Thunderbirds is finished, then the focus will be on another manufacturer / developer  !@#

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #419 on: November 13, 2015, 11:28:01 AM »
Nino, it is the same with all retail
Customers are demanding
I have to deal with it daily; why don't Imake this? Why have iI sold out? Why have i not sold out? I ddon'tlike yyour prices