Author Topic: My Garage "Restoration"  (Read 599 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: My Garage "Restoration"
« on: December 07, 2010, 10:52:43 PM »

Here's the "other side" of the garage with all the stuff I need to sort out. Yep - an absolute mess - but only for a short time !

The left hand side shelving is 1800 X 600 X 2400. The "L" shaped is 2400 X 600 X 1800 X 2400 ! So really it is just a HUGE "L" shaped shelving system.

The hard yakka is done and all I need to do is brace the shelving against the wall. I did this after adding weight to the shelving so it settles. I'm no chippy, but it kinda made sence to me at the time !

So now I start experimenting with the different sized containers. Bunnings had some for $8 - so I bought four of them and I also bought four Black milk containers for $8. I then found a special at Supercheapauto - three for $22 - so I bought TWELVE and started to use them. I stored similar parts in the containers and then started to just put them "wherever". Here's a view of the completed workbench, tool bench (Vice, buffing wheel, vertical drill and rivet press to be bolted down)

Here's the "door" I found which leads into the back area - yes there's timber there NOW, but that will be moved !

Here's the panoramic FINISHED Garage. TV is installed on a shelf near the top right hand corner of the roller door. Additional shelving near the window (with my NEMO clock my son gave me so I don't stay out too late) ! The shelving system complete with containers, and my machines awaiting restoration !

Now I will be able to work in an organised  fashion and HOPEFULLY be more efficient. What I have decided to do is look at installing those curtains that sit in a channel (like the privacy curtains in hospitals) that will run around the garage in a "U" shape. This will allow me to set up a "clean area" to spray the cabinets etc !

Best thing about finishing the garage - I can work on pins  $#$

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia