Author Topic: Stern Dracula restore; PART 2  (Read 6608 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Stern Dracula restore; PART 2
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »
Another quick update: after leaving the cabinet base colour to dry over the weekend I decided to make a start the stenciling. (I’ll start on the backbox next weekend!). I started with the left side of the cabinet, laying on and aligning the yellow stencil. I weighted  the stencils down with washers/nuts, sockets/spanners etc… anything I could lay my hands on that was small and heavy..lol.

Once again I used Plasti-kote brand enamel, so as to make sure the paints were compatible with each other, to make sure there would be no problems with crinkling paint (reacting with the base coat).

I sprayed each colour on in several light coats… allowing about 10 minutes between coats, all the time making sure to use just enough paint to cover evenly and no more. As mentioned first the yellow was done, then the black. This paint dried fairly quick, even so I waited 24 hours before doing the black. While the black was drying on the left hand side I did the stenciling on the front. The 1st pic shows the front stencil for the yellow positioned ready to be done. Again I let this dry 24 hours before doing the black. remaining pics the side stenciling progress.