Author Topic: Stern Dracula restore; PART 2  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Stern Dracula restore; PART 2
« on: March 04, 2009, 12:49:33 AM »

Looks great Mitch. Well done.

question - The stencils are cardboard - so how do you line up the stencils so well ? They need to be "spot on" - as your results show, but how do your set the registration of them ?

When i trace the artwork onto the tracing paper, i also trace the outline of the front, back and bottom edges of the cabinet onto the tracing paper with a black marker pen (see pics in 1st post of this thread, also notice the arrows marked in the corners), sometimes i'll align the edge of the tracing paper to an edge of the cab, as i've done here on the cab bottom. From these, i mark these edges onto the cardboard with the marker pen and a ruler, (front, back and bottom.. the front stencil pic shows these lines in my 2nd last post).

Then after i remove the tracing paper, with a ruler i draw the cabinet edge lines onto the stencil, right to the edges, so i can copy these onto the opposite side as well. Usually i'll pick one edge/corner and mark this on the stencil as the alignment edge, i do this on both sides of all of the side stencils.

I ALWAYS double check these on both sets of stencils before i spray any paint onto the cab with them.

Hope i explained that sufficiently... i can add some pics of how i do this when i do the backbox stencils if need be...

Cheers and thanks... Mitch
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:05:30 AM by Mr Pinbologist »