Author Topic: Stern Dracula restore; PART 2  (Read 6621 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Stern Dracula restore; PART 2
« on: March 08, 2009, 09:26:14 PM »
And heres the crappy looking lock down bar assembly in the first pic before any cleaning was done to it.. rusty and caked on black enamel paint! I bought a new clean n strip disc today  as the other one was worn out, and this made short work of removing the paint and rust (I removed the opening lever first before cleaning).

After cleaning I decided to give it a coat of the same hammer finish paint I used on the legs, just to pretty it up a bit, as can be seen in the 3rd pic with it installed into the cabinet. While the paint was drying in this I did some more cleaning of the various bits and pieces that belong in the cabinet, including the wiring harness and tilt mechanism, knocker assy etc and installed each item as it was cleaned and/or repaired.

I’ll let the backbox dry for a few days before I do the stencils. In the mean time I’ll strip, clean and repaint the coin door.. it was done by the previous owner but im not happy with the job that was done on it.

I reckon in about another two weeks the game should be very close to being finished!! $#$