Author Topic: Labor wins Government !  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Labor wins Government !
« on: September 07, 2010, 06:01:29 PM »
Labor wins Government.
Being a business owner, a change of government can mean many things. Espescially the state of the economy with interest rates and the like. Confidence in the economy, means money will keep flowing, so we can all keep spending money on our great hobby.

Anyway, Julia Gillard is the Prime minister. She did a reasonably good job with her speech, and only said "regional Australia" 80 times.

Hopefully by the next election, there can be a rollout of pinball arcades everywhere to keep the kids of Australia entertained.lol (at least tournament play would work with the 500 million dollar broadband.)

Anyway, the election is FINALLY over. Back to saving $ for pinball machines  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Labor wins Government !
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »

"Wins Government" - illegimately. She relied on the "backdoor deals" to get her through and now we will see what it is like with the independents running the country. This time, it won't be the unions pulling the strings, and they won't like it !

She did say she would not move into Kirrabilli House unless voted in by the australian people. She was not - so I hope she keeps her word (lives in Altona) and plays full forward for the bulldogs.

We should have gone back to the booths. Either major party was always going to look after the independents. It came down to who could tell the biggest lies.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »
Labor wins Government.
Being a business owner, a change of government can mean many things. Espescially the state of the economy with interest rates and the like. Confidence in the economy, means money will keep flowing, so we can all keep spending money on our great hobby.

Money stopped flowing the day K Rudd said that we were about to face the worst finacial crisis since 30's....

Money stopped flowing even further when utility prices went through the roof.

Money aint gonna start flowing again properly for sometime to come.

Gillard offers zero confidence for business.... Abbot the same... nothing to choose between the 2 stupid bickering little children.

Bob Katter had his day after waiting 30 years.. the ignorant facist strung it out and enjoyed every minute of his limited fame... no suprises where he ended up though.

Labour has 1 seat extra... thank goodness that this means a carbon emission trading tax.. er i meant...scheme will never get through

Offline braddo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »
who could tell the biggest lies.

The mainstream Australian media wins that one hands down.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:13:31 PM by braddo »
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 09:13:48 PM »

"Wins Government" - illegimately. She relied on the "backdoor deals" to get her through and now we will see what it is like with the independents running the country. This time, it won't be the unions pulling the strings, and they won't like it !

She did say she would not move into Kirrabilli House unless voted in by the australian people. She was not - so I hope she keeps her word (lives in Altona) and plays full forward for the bulldogs.

We should have gone back to the booths. Either major party was always going to look after the independents. It came down to who could tell the biggest lies.
+1 to that
The 2 independent better start looking for a new job soon , maybe the greens we help them out. I had a couple of greenies counting Koala poo at the bottom of my gum tree the other day , they seemed like they where having heaps of fun, couldn't be that hard  !@# Anyway I don't thing she'll last a full term anyway  #*#.    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 09:36:29 PM »
I think Wayne Swan has his beady little eyes on the main job. It will be bad for Australia if we have another Fiji style Koo with the treasurer trying to get his leg over.

Although I was hoping for Abbott, I think Gillard will do a reasonable job given she is alot brainier than most people thought before she got up. She does a pretty good job on speeches, and the nasal whine in her voice has gotten better, meaning less of.

Ya have to take ya hat off to her for having balls big enough to play with the big boys of politics, and come out "on top" of the main job. Like it or not, only ever a few select people get to say "I was Prime Minister" ,so for that, I say good luck to her. I have a vested interest in seeing her now do a good job. My vested interest is my business and my ability to keep putting food on the table.

Lets see how long it takes for her own party to sit her down the back next to Kevin. Pray it dont happen for a while so our economy stays strong. Julia must be drinking champas tonight and saying  "mirror mirror on the wall, who's the luckiest wranger of them all" ?  ^^^ ^^^  %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 09:57:19 PM »
"Labor wins Government"

I beg to differ - more appropriate might be:

"Labor shonks their way into Government with only 20% of the vote"

Things are unlikely to improve in the near future IMO.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 11:04:22 PM »

That isn't accurate.

http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseStateFirstPrefsByParty-15508-NAT.htm

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 11:31:27 PM »

Well even from your linked site LESS Australians voted for labor than the others:

Australian Labor Party             5,847,263     49.99     
Liberal/National Coalition    5,848,632    50.01

That isn't accurate.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 11:37:38 PM »

The Australian public are asked to vote. Whoever the public votes for, forms government.

Bollocks !

Three Stooges DECIDE who governs - not the public. The public voted against a Gillard government, she should not take office.

Should NEVER have gone to the Independents to decide. The "highest" bribe wins ! We should be heading back to the polling booth.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 11:40:15 PM »
Then refer to Anthony Green's website where he makes the follow statements and prediction:
http://blogs.abc.net.au/antonygreen/2010/08/who-won-the-national-2-party-preferred-vote.html

"Anyone arguing that the AEC's current Labor 2-party preferred vote of 49.99% is significant is wrong. It is likely that Labor's current national 2-party preferred percentage is higher than this, but we won't know for several weeks."

EDIT: Just to add for contrast, in terms of the "popular vote", a similar result happened to Howard in 1998 (election in their first term in office).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_federal_election,_1998

Well even from your linked site LESS Australians voted for labor than the others:

Australian Labor Party             5,847,263     49.99     
Liberal/National Coalition    5,848,632    50.01

That isn't accurate.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:48:58 AM by pinsanity »

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 11:49:02 PM »

The Australian public are asked to vote. Whoever the public votes for, forms government.

Bollocks !

Three Stooges DECIDE who governs - not the public. The public voted against a Gillard government, she should not take office.

Should NEVER have gone to the Independents to decide. The "highest" bribe wins ! We should be heading back to the polling booth.

Yep agree, we should be going back to the booths.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 11:53:16 PM »
You cant deduct those figures from the Lib/Nationals totals !

Co-allition is exactly that. A combined Party. Thats why it is called a Co-allition ! When u vote that way, it goes to a Co-allition total. Them the rules !

In any event, preferences and all that horse trading is all garbage (although legal and democratic under our system).

The bottom line is our Australian voting system doesnt go by who got the most first choice votes. If it did goodbye Julia, hello Tony.It goes by Seats.Unfortunately.
When u study the "seat" rules, it actually does make sense. (if anyone wants the seat situation explained, i will happily email why/how the seat situation works).lol

But Oakshott and Windsor felt Julia had the goods. Maybe they voted for her so the labour party can get rid of her, then labour will fall to crap, then a new poll will be held, Liberals will get in and everyone might be happy ? Who bloody knows ! lol
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:56:43 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 01:11:49 AM »
The bottom line is our Australian voting system doesnt go by who got the most first choice votes. If it did goodbye Julia, hello Tony.It goes by Seats.Unfortunately.

Exactly right Cavey, the popular vote line is primarily used by media outlets as an attention grabbing headline.

It all comes down to seats and the magic number 76.

How a party gets to that number is a whole different matter.  #@#

Offline RaptorLawyer

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • Sekured custom sneakers
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 02:20:58 AM »
How bout we take a step back from labour bashing and take a good look at the situation.

Neither party is fit to lead this great country, the people have voted with no confidence either way. If there was any certainty regarding the superior leader or party the election would have show it. It did not. What the election showed was how out of touch, stale and plain old uninspiring both political campaigns were.

Labour and the Coalition both need to get of their collected asses, and smell the roses. Abbot is incorrect saying that Australians want a change from labour, well apparently half of australians dont and if he considers 50% a victory then he is a misinformed twat. Sure its more of the vote than he had but guess what, half of Australia doesnt want you to run the country, thats over 11mil of people that think you fail. Same goes to Julia, 11 million folks think your party is not fit to look after our great country.

So dear pollies - give us some new policy - make it about something we CARE about - make it apparent that it isnt your typical election lie and you will actually see it through.

The first party that attempts to change will be a clear victor when we return to the polls to fix this bloody mess.

(end rant)
Kill each-other nicely please.