Author Topic: Why no love for Dirty Harry?  (Read 552 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Why no love for Dirty Harry?
« on: April 18, 2015, 12:58:02 PM »
I mean the pin not the Prince. I've played it only a couple of dozen times but enjoyed it. I like the theme & think they did a good job on using it, absolutely love the colours, the callouts are customised & done by Clint... so why does it seem less popular than other games around the same era?? Am I missing something about this game (asking as on my list of possible buys).
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Why no love for Dirty Harry?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 01:50:04 PM »
I would like one oneday, looks like fun and would be a good one to mod

I would even contemplate swapping my nice congo for a decent DH
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 01:52:58 PM »
If you like it then go for it

I have not played it but I have not heard anything negative about the game

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 02:25:15 PM »
Great game! particularly if you liked the movies, needs strong flippers and LEDs and it's a great game to play, especially midnight madness!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 02:57:18 PM »
I enjoyed playing it and have only heard positive comments. 

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 03:35:59 PM »
Thanks guys for your responses - reassuring to hear positive things about this pin. I think it's a real looker & yep, with the colours & theme surely it's a good one for leds & mods.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 04:28:09 PM »
I have a Dirty Harry and if a theme could ever scream out "very cool indeed" this machine would be it. You walk into a room and see this pinny, it definately catches your attention.

The cabinet art and Translite is excellent. Gameplay is based on precise shots versus just banging it around. If you are in a hurry and not in the mood to place your shots precisely, then you can get a bit frustrated because the gameplay is best when trying to complete modes.

Would never sell mine. Just the coolest looking pin and since the real Dirty Harry is getting on in age, when he is no longer around, the machine will become even more collectable.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 05:03:17 PM »
I have a Dirty Harry and if a theme could ever scream out "very cool indeed" this machine would be it. You walk into a room and see this pinny, it definately catches your attention.

The cabinet art and Translite is excellent. Gameplay is based on precise shots versus just banging it around. If you are in a hurry and not in the mood to place your shots precisely, then you can get a bit frustrated because the gameplay is best when trying to complete modes.

Would never sell mine. Just the coolest looking pin and since the real Dirty Harry is getting on in age, when he is no longer around, the machine will become even more collectable.

Hey Brett I'm sure you have but did you remove the batteries from the games you have in storage?

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 05:22:23 PM »

swap you for a really nice congo  &&
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 07:13:11 PM »
Dirty harry is a cool game

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 07:34:42 PM »
Pete, apx 60 percent of the 50 games I have put remote battery holders into and removed the batteries on those.
Then all of the other games had all batteries removed altogether.

I took fifty sets of legs off all the machines and made a big pile.
In the haste of removing all the legs I didn't mark down which set belonged to which game but it's easy enough to work out Bally vs Data East vs Stern vs Williams vs Gottlieb and so on.

A powder coater on the Gold Coast is going to get 200 legs in one hit to do so I will get a good price and he will go nuts doing pinball legs for a few days I guess. Lol

Dam I miss playing a lot of the games. But stored is safe and sooner or later they will all be put into a commercial cement block building and a clubhouse Pinny place will be born for the enjoyment of others.
That's why games like Dirty Harry is such a great pin, cause everyone who sees it for the first time just gets blown away.
Some dam good licenced were had in the hey day of DMD.

Make my day Punk - 357 Magnum shoots pinball thief ten times. Lol

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 07:39:49 PM »

Congo is a better game than DH imo
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 07:40:20 PM »

Keep the Jap import Congo Jady. You will never get another good one again. Put a cover over it n play something else if you get bored. Then later on you have a gem to pull back out of the treasure pile.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 07:45:23 PM »
I don't compare games like that personally. But I understand sometimes it's appropriate ?

It's like Star Wars vs Star Trek.

Neither is better, it's just what mood you are in on the night if that makes sense.

I had a few pairs of handcuffs hanging off the 357 gun shooter handle on my Dirty Harry for a cool looking mod.
Surprisingly, whenever a female guest saw them, they would say "kinky" where as most blokes would ask me do I have the keys and could they borrow a set.
It seems handcuffs are popular amongst so called nerdy pinball people's ( all sexual deviants ofcourse. Lol )

Who would have thought ? lol

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 07:59:20 PM »
I don't compare games like that personally. But I understand sometimes it's appropriate ?

It's like Star Wars vs Star Trek.

Neither is better, it's just what mood you are in on the night if that makes sense.

I had a few pairs of handcuffs hanging off the 357 gun shooter handle on my Dirty Harry for a cool looking mod.
Surprisingly, whenever a female guest saw them, they would say "kinky" where as most blokes would ask me do I have the keys and could they borrow a set.
It seems handcuffs are popular amongst so called nerdy pinball people's ( all sexual deviants ofcourse. Lol )

Who would have thought ? lol

Wars is better than Trek imo
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"