Author Topic: Superhero box office showdown!!  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Superhero box office showdown!!
« on: July 09, 2012, 08:01:58 PM »
Dark Knight Rises opens next week on the 19th to complete Nolans Batman trilogy, I am off to a early adv screening this friday morning. #*#
The movie should be a huge hit and might even surpass the box office of the Avengers.
I'm a fan of both Marvel and Dc so I hope DKR is a huge smash hit and from the trailers it looks like another great film to add to Nolans already impressive body of work.
It's been a great year so far for superhero films with the avengers still rolling on and on and the amazing spiderman bringing a fresh and slightly darker approach to the webslinger ( also a quality film itself).
Bring on DKR.....Can't wait!!!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Superhero box office showdown!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »
removed for cow
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:18:02 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:38:23 PM »
What about Ted lol.
I'm a big Batman fan, not so much of the Spiderman films.
Hanging for the next Twilight film - date night with the misses in November.

Let us know how the screening goes Darren - Hope Brucie doesn't die.
SC.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 08:44:21 PM »
each to their own but im already tired of reboots. and the spider man reboot is way to soon after the last spiderman reboot.
its hard to follow story's when they keep starting from scratch with these films. other than dark night thats the only successful reboot i can think of. now superman is being rebooted yer im over it now

There is always a fresh audience of kids comming through to compliment the massive amount of fans out there for all things marvel/dc.
I hear ya but it doesn't worry me, as long as they are good films that is all that matters to me, they could re-do thm every few yrs and it wouldn't bother me at all.
Nolans batman films are nothing like the campy versions from the 90's...shudder! Batman needed to be redone after being raped in those earlier debacles.
The Amazing spiderman is nothing like earlier trilogy and is a good film, I like this better than the raimi films.
Man of steel will be good too hopefully, superman returns was lame and it needs a better treatment than that.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »
the gotham batman movies have all got tired and are all too much the same with really nothing new or exciting on offer. i dont expect the new one will be much chop after seeing the advertising for it.  its just all the same old same old.

same goes with the spiderman movies, again, seen one, u have seen them all me thinks.

avengers was ironman 3 etc, another predictable movie.

the problem with all these movies is that they are all too much like each other and offer nothing really new. thats the problem with being 40 plus, u have seen so many versions.  its the new teenagers who are seeing these movie franchises for the first time with their arm around their first date that is the real winner with these movies.

hollywood needs totally new subject matter to get us old blokes going back more n more. just my opinion.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:47:09 PM »
What about Ted lol.
I'm a big Batman fan, not so much of the Spiderman films.
Hanging for the next Twilight film - date night with the misses in November.

Let us know how the screening goes Darren - Hope Brucie doesn't die.

I liked TED a lot more than i thought i would, some great moments but is a video night movie all day...big screen does nothing to enhance the experience.
Twilight I can't do...just can't do it, thank god my missus hates it as well.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 08:51:04 PM »
the gotham batman movies have all got tired and are all too much the same with really nothing new or exciting on offer. i dont expect the new one will be much chop after seeing the advertising for it.  its just all the same old same old.

same goes with the spiderman movies, again, seen one, u have seen them all me thinks.

avengers was ironman 3 etc, another predictable movie.

the problem with all these movies is that they are all too much like each other and offer nothing really new. thats the problem with being 40 plus, u have seen so many versions.  its the new teenagers who are seeing these movie franchises for the first time with their arm around their first date that is the real winner with these movies.

hollywood needs totally new subject matter to get us old blokes going back more n more. just my opinion.

They are nothing like each other except for the main characters, that is only thing these reboots have in common.
Hollywood is not targeting our age when it comes to popcorn films, it never has and it never will...there is no $$$ in keeping us grumpy old men happy.
They do it for the $$$ and the kids is where the $$$ are at.
Luckily I am a big kid at heart.
 #*#

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »

[/quote]

superman returns was lame and it needs a better treatment than that.

[/quote]

I'm probably the odd one out here but I liked Superman Returns. Keven Spacey was great as Lex, the story was a new take on an old Theme and great use of the CGI especially the slow mo bullet to the eye and the saving of the plane above the baseball field. Anyway each to there own I guess.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 09:32:23 PM »
Can't wait for my kids to grow up, so I can drive them to the cinemas - daddy's going to play some pinball while he waits.

Yet to see Ted - does anyone here have a good copy for me?
SC.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 09:33:57 PM »
Having said that, I'm very much looking forward to the new Batman. Anyone think we may see this one as a Pin some time in the future? Especially since it seems that it's the end of the trilogy.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »

[/quote]

superman returns was lame and it needs a better treatment than that.

[/quote]

I'm probably the odd one out here but I liked Superman Returns. Keven Spacey was great as Lex, the story was a new take on an old Theme and great use of the CGI especially the slow mo bullet to the eye and the saving of the plane above the baseball field. Anyway each to there own I guess.
[/quote]

I like Spacey, quality actor but he was nowhere near as good as Hackmans' Luthor for mine.
I liked the plane sequence as well but I am well and truly over bullet time motion capture effects...loved it when it was a new style of effect in the Matrix.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 12:20:35 AM »
The Melbourne Storm have got in on this one and will be wearing Dark Knight jerseys for their next game.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 08:32:29 AM »
The Melbourne Storm have got in on this one and will be wearing Dark Knight jerseys for their next game.

They should rise after getting a right touch up from the raiders.... *)*

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »
Avengers total world wide box office to date is now just a tad under $1.5 billion and still going.
 $$(
I wonder what the caped crusader will do at the box office? The buzz on this film is big.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »
removed for cow
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:18:21 PM by Olivia_jason »