Author Topic: Williams WPC Driver / power supply board repair  (Read 9413 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Williams WPC Driver / power supply board repair
« on: April 11, 2011, 09:25:17 PM »
Leon (V8racefan) has one of the best CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON pinball machines i have ever seen. The cabinet is still like new and the playfield and everything else is immaculate. Its a really nice example.

Andrew will make the board alot better. Its not the end of the world. If a board is too badly damaged, its good to know new or 2nd hand replacements are available.
Its hard to know whether the machine came with the hacked board the way it is, or if it was swapped out later on. The only thing we do know, is that it certainly isnt the original board.

*FOOD FOR THOUGHT*
I THINK IT PAYS for everyone to take the boards out of your pinball machines/headboxes when u buy a machine and take a close look behind the boards. From the front, everything looks great, but its not til u look at the rear of the boards do u get the real picture. When i buy any machine, i always make sure all serial numbers on all boards and the playfield matchs. This is a great way to see how original a machine really is etc.

As i service each of my machines from now on, i am going to take a look behind all boards. After seeing some really bad hacks of late, espescially on power supply boards, i have become paranoid about a machine catching on fire. !*!

check ya boards guys. It will be worth the while in the long run.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !