Author Topic: Re painted plastics (toys)  (Read 163 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re painted plastics (toys)
« on: March 31, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »
Hi all, The plastic  silver coloured head on my DE  starwars R2D2 is in fine condition exept the paint work could be better so i was thinking of repainting it. If anyone has any tips, I'd be very grateful.
 Cheers

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Re painted plastics (toys)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »
go to a shop that sells models (toy war planes, tanks, cars etc etc) and they will have all the small tiny tins of coloured paints designed to paint plastic etc.

you could do it by airbrush kit etc, but it might cost you apx $120 for a airbrush kit, plus paints. The small tins of paint plus the small brushs etc from the modelling shop would be a effective n easy way to make it like new with a new custom paint job.hope it helps.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 06:41:41 PM »
Have a go at cleaning or polishing it first and see how it comes up.  I did notice it today but we need to get the machine working 100% before worrying about cosmetics.  I have access to an airbrush kit if you decide to go down that track though.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »
Thanks all for the advice, and for dropping around today Pintoxicated. I've already had his head off and given it a wash up. So I thinks that's probably as good as it gets unless I repaint. Another little job I'll add to my growing list!