Author Topic: Sterns next pinball "50 years of Ford Mustang"  (Read 16855 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Sterns next pinball "50 years of Ford Mustang"
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2014, 12:02:53 AM »
cow should be i front of that ford.lmfao %.% :D ()

:lol
the cow is driving upside down, I think it is doing a sterling job considering.
 ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2014, 12:26:09 AM »
When AMD in Sydney has a launch party for the release of any pinball machine, Bruce (Managing Director) and his staff warmly welcome ANYBODY on the planet to attend and give honest feedback.

When I have attended and met all different pinheads from all over Australia, its usually a 50/50 mix of blokes who are IN the industry (operators who site machines) and the usual home collector. I have found, that each n every time there is a release party, there are always new people there, some who have no machines, some with 3 or 4 machines, some with fifty etc, but everyone gets along, has a play, has a good chat, gives honest feedback in a respectful way, and it is always far from a "yes man" party/atmosphere.

What the consensus is, from my experience, is that a 75/25 split have great feedback on the machine, with three quarters of the people loving the new title, and a quarter being warm/cold. And why it has worked so well, is that the Stern dealers always know, that if you don't buy this title, its fine, no problems, cause they will help u out on the next title because Stern do 3 or 4 titles and over a dozen variants per annum. So there is never any pressure to buy, just a warm welcome which is why I have great respect for Bruce and the guys at AMD, always very professional, and always open to any feedback, good or bad.

If anybody hasn't been to a new title release at AMD in Sydney, its definitely worth the $99 airplane ticket to attend if u are interstate.

Personally, I really am dying to hear the finished audio on Mustang pinball. If its done right, it shld be a ripper. Just my 10 cents worth.lol
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2014, 12:31:51 AM »
When AMD in Sydney has a launch party for the release of any pinball machine, Bruce (Managing Director) and his staff warmly welcome ANYBODY on the planet to attend and give honest feedback.

When I have attended and met all different pinheads from all over Australia, its usually a 50/50 mix of blokes who are IN the industry (operators who site machines) and the usual home collector. I have found, that each n every time there is a release party, there are always new people there, some who have no machines, some with 3 or 4 machines, some with fifty etc, but everyone gets along, has a play, has a good chat, gives honest feedback in a respectful way, and it is always far from a "yes man" party/atmosphere.

What the consensus is, from my experience, is that a 75/25 split have great feedback on the
machine, with three quarters of the people loving the new title, and a quarter being warm/cold. And why it has worked so well, is that the Stern dealers always know, that if you don't buy this title, its fine, no problems, cause they will help u out on the next title because Stern do 3 or 4 titles and over a dozen variants per annum. So there is never any pressure to buy, just a warm welcome which is why I have great respect for Bruce and the guys at AMD, always very professional, and always open to any feedback, good or bad.

If anybody hasn't been to a new title release at AMD in Sydney, its definitely worth the $99 airplane ticket to attend if u are interstate.

Personally, I really am dying to hear the finished audio on Mustang pinball. If its done right, it shld be a ripper. Just my 10 cents worth.lol

if a member is willing to give me a nights accomadation.i will be there.if i can get a $99 dollar flight.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2014, 12:36:23 AM »
AMD is 5 mins from Sydney Airport. Tiger Airways is cheapest usually, or Virgin if they are doing specials. Book some few weeks in advance and score really cheap flights to and from.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2014, 12:38:47 AM »
will do brett,but to stay the night to avoid rushing back will cost me the best part of 500 ^&^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 07:44:38 AM »
the stern mustang has a deal with sony for music so possibly doing a radio type setup, maybe swapping radio stations from 80's to 70's music ????.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 10:04:38 AM »
will do brett,but to stay the night to avoid rushing back will cost me the best part of 500 ^&^

You could get a bed at one of those Formulae 1 motels near the airport for about $100 I reckon. Add the taxi to and from AMD $50.

For $500 u can get a high class hooker, the best bottle of scotch/whiskey/bourbon and have a gourmet chineese meal etc thrown in.lol

I love beautiful motels (upmarket with a spa etc etc) but even I wouldn't spend soo much on a motel unless I had a high class lady with me.lol  *)*
But then again, u only live once so it doesn't hurt to splurge on a very nice room if u can take advantage of it and make it a night to remember.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 10:05:57 AM »
the stern mustang has a deal with sony for music so possibly doing a radio type setup, maybe swapping radio stations from 80's to 70's music ????.

that's great news if they make the audio like the radio/music on ACDC and Metallica etc.  $#$

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 11:48:49 AM »

You could get a bed at one of those Formulae 1 motels near the airport for about $100 I reckon. Add the taxi to and from AMD $50.
For $500 u can get a high class hooker, the best bottle of scotch/whiskey/bourbon and have a gourmet chineese meal etc thrown in lol

I love beautiful motels (upmarket with a spa etc etc) but even I wouldn't spend soo much on a motel unless I had a high class lady with me.lol  *)*
But then again, u only live once so it doesn't hurt to splurge on a very nice room if u can take advantage of it and make it a night to remember.

Lot of Hooker talk are they your other hobbie besides pinball?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:51:32 AM by spacejam0 »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »
Pro will be $6950 from AMD

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Shaneus

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2014, 09:24:51 PM »
I'm tempted to go... but I'll be in Texas :tumble:
Don't worry, I'll let everyone know what MMR and Predator (and Varkon) are like!

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 10:37:37 PM »
rumour is the LE pictures released tomorrow morning US time...

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2014, 07:43:49 AM »
http://www.performancepinball.com/1/post/2014/03/stern-pinball-announces-mustang-pinball-premium-and-limited-edition-versions.html#.UxdNqNzIGjI

- blue cabinet is the premium, with the LE still covered up
- blue car is one of the playfields with the car that rotates
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:47:48 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2014, 09:21:10 AM »
Speaker panel

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2014, 09:30:39 AM »
I don't mind the look of the speaker grill of the premium I think as well, also has a few creature features with the whirlpool ramp and the drop down ramp in the top left. Has a captured ball donut pit as well top right and mid playfield drop targets. The pro is missing out on a few things on this one.

for pinball t-shirts