Author Topic: Where do i get LONG lengths/rolls of braid-wire for under Playfield (GI) wiring?  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
subject-line says it all...
Where do i get LONG lengths/rolls of braid-wire for under Playfield (GI) wiring?

A playfield i'm about to rebuild (Space Invaders) has it's original braid-wire (GI wiring) somewhat hacked and many sections missing.

I'm going to need some NEW braid, and a decent staple gun to rebuild the playfield upto scratch again.

Anyone know suppliers of the pre-tinned braid? and recommendations for the 'right' staple gun from local hardware store?
I don't mind if i have to buy it form O/Seas/ebay etc.

I figure there must be another use for it, it's gotta be somewhere other than pinball shops.

Should i even forget about using braid?, and just use a roll of decent guage tinned-copper wire? problems?
I know somebody will suggest de-solder wick, but it's raw copper and will corrode in time...

Thanx in advance,
MM.

I have used different types of shielded wire in the past such as coaxial antenna cable - stripped back and remove the outer earth and flatten it - Voila! tinned, flat braid at a reasonable price.

There are also suppliers of braid ready to use for making slot car tracks - start at Hornsby Slot Cars.

Good luck
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals