Author Topic: Question for the Getaway owners  (Read 1255 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Question for the Getaway owners
« on: March 06, 2009, 04:42:13 PM »
Hi guys,

My new machine is home.  Big thanks to Mark (again) for his excellent service!

Attached is a pic of my SuperCharger ramp area.  I've googled as much as I could to try to find a similar pic, but none at the right angle....There is a gap in the ramp, for the ball to drop onto the playfield near bumpers, but I'm not sure if something is missing or not.  The ball has landed on top of the plastic, which I'm sure is not right?

If someone is able to confirm this on their machine I would be most grateful....

No resto thread on this - its in bloody great condition, but it will get the full job done on it in a couple of months time!

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: Question for the Getaway owners
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
Im going to Rollerballs in 30 minutes – I can check his and tell him to report back to you or I will have a look and let you know if his is any different later tonight.
DW Drums rule !

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 04:49:42 PM »
That is exactly the same as mine, it allows a ball caught on the ramp to drop off.
Well done by the way, great game!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 04:51:47 PM by ktm450 »

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 05:17:21 PM »
Im going to Rollerballs in 30 minutes – I can check his and tell him to report back to you or I will have a look and let you know if his is any different later tonight.

Thanks Wotto, it may look like we're OK

That is exactly the same as mine, it allows a ball caught on the ramp to drop off.
Well done by the way, great game!!

Thanks KTM...It spat out there a couple of times whilst the super charger is doing its thing...No probs just making sure...

Just need to wiggle out 1 x switch problem and the Mars lamp motor not functioning....

The PF is in excellent condition, so happy with it.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 05:30:06 PM »
OK, another question,

This is the latest model WPC machine I have, hence has a playfield slide to tilt it.  I cannot for the life of me work out the safe way to do it.  I see these two metal ' hook' type leavers with springs but I'm not sure what they lock onto.  The last thing I want to do is have an accident, so being cautious!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:20:40 PM »
OK, another question,

This is the latest model WPC machine I have, hence has a playfield slide to tilt it.  I cannot for the life of me work out the safe way to do it.  I see these two metal ' hook' type leavers with springs but I'm not sure what they lock onto.  The last thing I want to do is have an accident, so being cautious!

You can extend the playfield out of the cabinet and raise it when the playfield runs along the full length. Just have a look at the munual - I'm pretty sre it explains it better than I have - with pictures..

Thats a bloody nice game - still has the plastic grey switch covers ! Good score !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »
OK, another question,

You can extend the playfield out of the cabinet and raise it when the playfield runs along the full length. Just have a look at the munual - I'm pretty sre it explains it better than I have - with pictures..

Thats a bloody nice game - still has the plastic grey switch covers ! Good score !

Thanks Nino,  I had a look in the manual from IPDB but could not find it...Mark very kindly left (or forgot!) an Operator Manual in it - its only a dozen or so pages but will check it shortly...
The switch prob is sorted, the mars lamp is sorted (well sort of)....It had come apart during travel, but it felt like the motor had seized as well.  I put it all back together, turned it by hand - very gently and now works!....I will try to get another motor, but I don't think anyone has them locally...

Just need to look at the lower diverter then good to go!

It is a very clean machine.  I'm grateful to Mark for this one!...

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 08:34:43 PM »
OK..The lower divertor has got me stumped.  Mainly because I cannot even find it?  The manual shows it in the top left hand corner of the ramp (near the horeshoe bit).
When I go through the diagnostics, when divertor high works no probs, divertor low (no noise nothing)....  I've spent the best part of an 1hr plus  ^&^

Is the divertor hi / low all part of the same mech?  The part numbers are identical from the manual.

Any help would be appreciated?

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 08:52:45 PM »

thanks  mate

manual ....  lucky I havent paid Tim yet this week     looks like he will be paying for that

checked with Ian and we had checked it over before it went on site but never done a full rebuild

good luck with it

mark

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 09:45:10 PM »

thanks  mate

manual ....  lucky I havent paid Tim yet this week     looks like he will be paying for that

checked with Ian and we had checked it over before it went on site but never done a full rebuild

good luck with it

mark

Thanks Mark,

It was only the operators handbook manual, so not the big one...I would hate to see Tim docked for it!

I'm wrapped with the machine...Only a couple of minor switches etc, but I will do flipper kits and rest in due course.  Still fun to play...- but will need to sort out low diverter fault first!

Offline Duckman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 10:07:32 PM »

Thanks Mark,

It was only the operators handbook manual, so not the big one...I would hate to see Tim docked for it!

I'm wrapped with the machine...Only a couple of minor switches etc, but I will do flipper kits and rest in due course.  Still fun to play...- but will need to sort out low diverter fault first!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't tell him that mate. That was a gift from me!!! lol #@#

Hope you enjoy your new toy, it certainly is a great game to play.. ^^^

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 10:31:11 PM »

thanks  mate

good luck with it

mark

Thanks Mark,

thanks again  glad to help and hope you enjoy it.  i still rate it as top pin. 
with  a decal  or touch up on the front it will come up real nice

dont worry about duck boy ....  i have a nice job for him tomorrow to make up for it

he will need  some  @@^  after i finish with me

Offline slammer

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
  • Aussie Pinball - No bullshit, just pinball
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 11:03:44 PM »
The ramp is OK, as discussed above it is for stuck balls to get back onto the playfield.

I just went throught the solinoid test, my lower diverter switch is also silent.

Why do you think it is faulty?

To lift the playfield, just lift the playfield enough so the legs clear the top of the cabinet and then pull forward until you here the levers "click" then you can flip up the playfield.

Cheers Angelo

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 10:02:33 AM »
The ramp is OK, as discussed above it is for stuck balls to get back onto the playfield.

I just went throught the solinoid test, my lower diverter switch is also silent.

Why do you think it is faulty?

To lift the playfield, just lift the playfield enough so the legs clear the top of the cabinet and then pull forward until you here the levers "click" then you can flip up the playfield.

Cheers Angelo

Cheers Angelo,

I'm getting a divertor error on test / startup, but the top one is working fine....I may have to look at pulling ramp out and clean?

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 10:58:26 AM »
OK, I've managed to find a RGP thread about the divertor.  There is no bottom one, is in fact the 'hold' on the diverter gate...

It seems as if the diverter errors are quite common even on a working one!  Mine certainly is working...