Author Topic: Question for the Getaway owners  (Read 1254 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Question for the Getaway owners
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 12:05:29 PM »
OK, now sexy fingers here is in trouble.

Today is one of those days which I'm not going to touch anything more.  I got the playfield to lock into the two pins as Ang suggested and it was fine, until I'm trying to get it back off.  For some reason the playfield is stuck.  It will pivot down, but refuses to slide back into its place?

Both sides are locked in the same way.  From what I can work out, when the PF is lowered, the arms hit the upper pins and then it should slide back?

Offline slammer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
  • Aussie Pinball - No bullshit, just pinball
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 01:09:16 PM »
Marty,

All you need to do is pull it forward (toward yourself)to unlock the playfield.....and then push it back in

Cheers Angelo

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 01:54:09 PM »
Marty,

All you need to do is pull it forward (toward yourself)to unlock the playfield.....and then push it back in

Cheers Angelo

Correct - and when you pull it forward - you will hear a "click". Now push it back and play your game !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 02:14:49 PM »
Thats what I thought... !*!

IT should not be this hard!....I pulled it forward and lowered it down - as in both the levers sprung back and the r/h/s started to slide down but the left would get completely stuck.  I put a dab of grease on it, no value.  I finished up removing the lug on the left hand side and got it back in.  I'll have a look at it in case its got a burr or something....

Offline slammer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
  • Aussie Pinball - No bullshit, just pinball
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 02:17:24 PM »
Check the return springs (approx 8mm diameter and 80-100 mm long) on the locking arms

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
The springs seem to be OK.  I removed the pin / pivot lug thing and its definately worn and has large flat spots....I will measure the other ones to see if they can be swapped....

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 09:31:24 PM »
Still enjoying my Getaway.  Gets about 1hr play per night at the moment.  Her strip / rebuild is approaching so gettings my plays in while I can.  Tumbler arrived today, so now there is no excuse.  Deconstruction to start (will do a new thread of course)....Full body rebuild, decal, playfield teardown, clean, polish, new flippers, flipper coils, re-sleave all other coils planning to clean every nut and bolt.  The resto's around here seem to have gone up a notch or two of late (didn't even think it was possible) so I'm estimating about 30 - 50hours on it.

I've updated the ROM as well.  I was running P-C (which is a prototype as I discovered)....Dropped a L-2 in as this is what was recommended for a Getaway.  WOW.  What a difference.  Basically a completely different playing game. 

How cool is the cheat mode!  Love it.

Oh...New playfield slide rails to go it as well.  The existing ones are no good.  Off to RTBB again.......or PBSP........... *%*
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 09:33:02 PM by MartyJ »