Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 129136 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2015, 11:35:28 PM »
I wanted to add something after reading Nino,s post which I really enjoyed reading cause I love the deep passion people have for pinball and also for music.

Being a blatant blatant Stern fan, I am really glad to see someone excited about a machine.
I know it's a crazy thing to say, but some of us fall in love at first sight with pinball machines like we do with women and cars. Some blokes will understand what I am saying and some won't. But us guys love our machinery, our touchable mechanical things. Sometimes, I wonder what gives me more enjoyment, walking into a room and just staring at a pinball machine for 15 minutes and studying the beauty of it and it's deep visual attraction or playing it.
Nino is spot on, these things are art pieces.

Another thing, if you think these Sterns look great in the photos, I can tell you from the Sterns I have purchased, they look twice as good in the flesh in your own house/room, lit up or not.

Last thing, I can't under estimate the ABSOLUTE BRILLIANCE that is John Borg.
This guy is a genius with his playfields and his shots and flow.
His use of arrows (lit inserts etc) on a playfield is just awesome.
My X Men Pro is a classic example. The use of red arrows on the playfield on that game is just genius.

There are lots of them on that game but it works so well.
No Borgy design is the same but they have the uniquely successful Borgy feel.

In anyone else's hands, this KISS game could have been so so, but to me, as a huge John Borg fan and owner of a lot of his titles, it was a given this game was going to be killer.
Steve Ritchie might be the KING, but Johnny Borg is THE GENIUS of modern Pinball.

I say to anyone who wants a great 24 to 48 hour fun trip for a lousy couple of hundred bucks if u live outside of Sydney, catch a cheap return flight to visit AMD and say hello to Bruce and Michael and go and look first hand at the latest range of Sterns incl KISS when it comes into stock.

Even if you aren't going to buy, it's worth the few hundred bucks to visit AMD.
OR visit TimeZone at Surfers on the Gold Coast and see and play every latest Stern you could imagine.

You will feel like a kid in a lollie shop at either AMD or TimeZone Surfers.
Like I said before, these games look great in photos, but are just awesome in real life.

Some people are a bit ? About ACDC artwork on the pin. But it is so much better in real life than the photos. All the Sterns are.

I am like Nino and others, I love the bands music (both ACDC and KISS).
If you like the music, you are already at least half way there to being attracted to the pin.

I just think anything that promotes Stern and Pinball is excellent.
John Borg, and team Stern just keep hitting home runs clear out of the park !

Gary Stern would be dam proud to have Borgy on the payroll.
Borgy just got a whack of new fans, the entire KISS Army !

Also really glad AMD have another winner to sell. Having AMD in Australia and healthy is vital to modern day pinball promotion. I reckon the media will really pick up on this title.
It's great that pinball now in Australia is considered very cool. Happy days for all passionate pinheads.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !