Author Topic: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2009, 12:20:34 AM »
very interesting thread and posts

well i guess this is my 2 cents

from a dealer  who has brought over 200 60 /70  and somes 80s  pins in this county in the last 18 months  and well over 300 dmds
I see these at the right price worth looking at , the problem is you need to take gamble and hope you can mix and match them  and find a couple off
good top end ones  like Kiss  playboy  Rocky and rolling stones     all these you will get top dollar for  but have to hold them till the right customer comes along.
as for 500 ones  yes I sold 55 like this in over a week , no legs no glass  no lock bars  no leg bolts . they looked complete  and i am sure a few here got some
as for later ones like 70 and 80s  these also sold from 500 but NONE  had boards  or legs ect ect  for 500.  i would think complete ones  unchecked would have to be double that  for the better titles   bar say kiss playboy RS and rocky  these all would way more.   and yes i did let a few go to auction and sell for less

give you a example  of a royal flush  Andrew did    one of my techs  with over 25 years  of rebuilding pins and learning on these.
the brought one off me  as is    spent over $500 on parts    made a stencil for it   re painted it   looked a million dollars   so its owed him  around $1200.00 ish     but wait  how many hours did it take him   and what price to you put on your time  from a dealer I have been charging $55.00 per hour in store.,
well  it took him just on 50 hours to do all the work and have it looking like new .    A dealer  just cant spend that much on one of these and then sell it for a profit.   these are way better for the home handyman   or  we could just cut corners and not do all the work , as others have done.  this is also something i WONT do , i would and will rather sell them off as is.

Nino how many hours did you spend on my RS ??  or my rocky  ?? or Creechs  Sinbad ?  or Gregs  Jet Star ?? now how many dmd can you do in  the same time ?

so the quess the question is   am I bringing more  in  well the answer will be YES    once i locate another good batch  that also contains  some top end ones  and at a good price  i will buy them.   they again will be mostly sold off the same as the last ones. 

as it happens  I am looking  at some

It is refreshing to hear honesty at this level, and encouraging that the machines are finding homes at prices the market accepts.

How many hours did I spend on the machines ? It depends on how much time you allocate as WORK, and how much time your spend because you lose yourself in the passion of the restore. Too hard to tell. As an indicative figure, Rolling Stones was around 65 hours, Rocky was around 55 hours, Sinbad was around 70 hours, Strikes and Spares was 55 hours, Flash 50 hours... Star Jet could be anything ! - Jacks Open was 100+ hours... But they are seriously "ball park" - like "turning off the meter" and just ENJOYING the task.

Reconditioning (my standards) a DMD is around 30 - 35 hours, but an acceptable standard would be 25 hours. There's also a learning curve for me as I'm not an "expert" by any means on a DMD - But a Pinball is a Pinball..

I'm keen on "stockpiling" projects, as I want a spread of machines over time...So the more that come in, the happier I am..

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia