Author Topic: Desoldering equipment  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Skybeaux

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast / Newcastle
Re: Desoldering equipment
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 08:39:46 AM »
I have an Edsyn ZD500dx desoldering station which i find is excellent for all types of board repairs.
It's the only station i've owned or used so i can't compare it to any other brand.
So far it has worked flawlessly and is simple and easy to clean......i love it!
Made in the USA

I did a lot of research before buying and in the end It was a toss-up between Hakko or the Edsyn
I decided on Edsyn after seeing a lot of non-working Hakko's for sale on ebay US with missing or damaged handpieces and that turned me off them.
I'm sure Hakko desoldering stations are good as well as a lot of people rave about them.

I have had a Hakko 936 iron for years ,never a problem with it and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Thats an interesting looking unit , never it seen it before , can you get parts for it here in Aus ??

I've had the same hand piece on my Hakko for 8 years , you really need to maintain them as they are nearly $500 to replace , probably why you saw so many without hand pieces for sale.
The 936 Iron is interchangeable with the Iron on the 701 so really handy when an element dies .

I think Mektronics are and Aus distributor for them but they are dear as poison compared to overseas prices.
I bought spare filters ,tips and other spares for it directly from Edsyn in the US....luckily just before our dollar shit itself #*#
The complete handpieces for these units are also around the $500 mark to replace so i'll definitely be keeping it well maintained also.