Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Gottlieb High Hand Restoration

<< < (12/12)

Strangeways:
Here's another restore that has taken way to long. But there has been progress since the playfield card stencils arrived 2 weeks ago. This is the difficult card lines in the center of the playfield. Gav's magic will ensure crisp and well rounded cards, rather than the "hit and miss" of freehand or masking.

I have rebuilt all the Drop Target assemblies.

Detailed work to the black DT assy..

Cabinet is assembled, and I'm sending off some parts to be replated before fitting everything. Just love the finish of the cabinet ;

The playfield will be completed next, and off for clearcoat. Just about everything else is done.

ktm450:
Looks great so far mate  *%*

goodolddays:
Cab artwork looks fantastic Nino

Strangeways:
The old door was tired and was never an option for this restoration. From previous plating testing, I had a lot of spare Gottlieb door parts that were plated successfully. I  ended up using them for this machine. The rest of the door parts were hand polished.

The door skin is a PBR repro. For the price, it is a no brainer !

It might JUST be "the door", but it is one of the FIRST things you see on a pinball. So I'm really pleased with it.

There's a lot of parts that have been at the platers, and they return on Monday - So I'm excited to see the replated parts.

Strangeways:
Now I have some time up my sleeve, I'm updating some project's status. This particular restoration was ceased due to becoming unfinancial. It will be continued once backlog has been done, and will be for sale. No timeline on this project at this stage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version