Author Topic: Custom coin doors ( sort of )  (Read 6455 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Custom coin doors ( sort of )
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:07:45 PM »
great info Rueben  ^^^

Can you give us a idea of cost say for a door here in Aus

Disclaimer: Chrome platers vary wildly in price - the figures below are for the third plater I tried after scoffing at the prices being asked for the first two. It pays to shop around.

I always chrome in a bulk lot as the chrome plater I use charges "per load" (How much he can fit into the plating bath at once) rather than "per piece" (nearly always dearer). He basically lays out all the parts on a table which is the same dimensions as the plating bath and prices it like that. Anything extra over that counts as "another load".

A round figure would be about $100 even per door for the 12 components that make up the door (this would be the price if you disassembled and reassembled the finished door yourself and the door was in good condition to begin with - no major dents/rust etc). This price includes the after market machine polishing of the door to get that mirror finish you can see in the pics - the plater does this component as well.

Allow about 20 minutes to disassemble a coin door and a hour to reassemble (need to be a bit careful in reassembling once chromed).